ebay

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
jeanthomas

Post by jeanthomas »

Hi.

just thought I would draw your attention to the fact that I have put a couple of surplus dexter books on ebay. I wish others would do this, as i missed a couple of 1950's herd books last week! So rare to see, even with all this time on my hands never thought to look!

Jean (bored out of her brains, complete with a broken leg!!) ???
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Oh poor you - how did it happen? Which bit did you break? How much longer are you in plaster? What books are on ebay?

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
jeanthomas

Post by jeanthomas »

Hi Stephanie,

I have put a 1988 copy of the Dexter Herd book on ebay, somehow or the other I had managed to acquire two, also a copy of The World of Dexter Cattle - the proceedings of the first world congress at NAC Stoneleigh back in August 1998, which I won in the raffle, after having purchased one!

As for my leg - a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time!! After more years than I care to own up to of being around large farm animals, it was the dog who injured me! I was out in the snow with my young neopolitan mastiff. He loves snow, and was chasing around in his usual ungainly manner when he got it all wrong and 60kilos of dog crashed into the side of my knee. He broke the tibia plateau??? which is now held back in position with an aray of metal work. This happened 7 weeks ago, but apparantly I may have to keep the hinged caste on another five weeks. I will know more on Monday when I return to the fracture clinic.

Consequently have not seen my cattle for 7 weeks, only glanced at the sheep in a distant field, and my son has yet again taken on the role of head stock person, complete with TB testing as we speak - fingers crossed.

Jean in sunny suffolk