TB testing for shows

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
moomin

TB testing for shows

Post by moomin »

If anybody interested I have heard that Westpoint vets are doing a special deal for shows. About £80.00 for up to 10 cows. I believe it is for 2 visits and includes test but check first!
nuttalls

Re: TB testing for shows

Post by nuttalls »

dear all, I rang just before entries for national show,and was quoted nearly £200.00 by westpoint and they haven't sent letters out to advertise, it,s a bit late now, but a good idea if it,s true. just rang them they don't know about it,jean jordeth
j.nuttall
moomin

Post by moomin »

They are definitely doing it for Surrey show but I don't expect them to advertise. That is why I put it on the website.
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

that's good then,our vets have been took over from Myerscough to westpoint but at the minute because of this,they cant do any testing till they get the trading name correct,people have to use someone else jean jordeth
j.nuttall
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Just done our pre movement testing for shows only to have an inconclusive. Now for the sixty day wait for retest. Feeling worried and anxious today. Anyone else had an IR and retested clear?

Natasha
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Hello Natasha,

Yes I had 3 IRs and thought my world had ended, especially as I had no followers from any as I try to keep the herd small. I've never had a reactor so wasn't worried ...until then!!!

(Two were close to calving so I "snatched" the calves before they were either licked or suckled and am bucket rearing, because TB rarely transfers in the womb but can through aspiration when they lick the calf and through colostrum.)

All three cows tested clear this week which was such a relief as I thought - since it was three that my luck had run out!

So...try not to worry but it is easy to say, I have been very worried!!! :?

Let me know how it goes....

Stephanie

P.S. Am making the best of the bucket rearing and have been leading them since a couple of days old. :)
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Thank you. I will let you know. Never had an IR in ten years of owning Dexters or a reactor.
natasha
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

I did speak to the Animal Health Vet just after we got The IR's and he seemed to think it would be OK as we had never had a TB animal but as there were three I was not so sure, hopefully this was good advice and also applies to you!!! :)

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/