Dexter crush wanted

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Issy

Post by Issy »

We are looking for a metal dexter/yearling cattle crush. If anyone knows of one we are willing to pay and travel!!
Isabel Long
Somerset
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Issy

I don't know whether this helps or not, but we have 75 head and just use a normal cattle crush without problems. It cost us about £750+VAT brand new (IAE Warrior Crush).

Clive Taylor
Clive
Issy

Post by Issy »

Thanks Clive that could be useful - we have been looking at the yearling crush but wondering how we would get a pregnant dexter in ??? will now look up the warrior crush.
Issy
Isabel Long
Somerset
Issy

Post by Issy »

Sorry I forgot to ask but does it give you complete control (vice like) as the problem with our wooden one arose when one of the heifers had to have her inner eyelid injected. Thanks again. Issy
Isabel Long
Somerset
Inger

Post by Inger »

We use an ordinary cattle headbail. Its one of the walk through types, so it's even suitable for calves. Very handy for putting eartags in. Both sides of the bail move toward the center.
Inger
NZ
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Hi Issy
The Warrior is a simple crush. A lot of panels on the side drop down. The yoke is adjustable for different size necks for all but small calves. In terms of injecting eye-lids, the yoke holds the neck in the horizontal plane, so the head can go up and down between the bars. So, some other restraint such as a head-colour tied to the side would need to be utilised, which is what we do. I'm not saying it's the best crush around; it's just the one we know and use and is a reasonable price from new. It does not allow foot-trimming, but then our foot-trimmer insists on using his own crush in any case.
Clive
Clive