Council Nominations - We need you!

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Right then, the time has come to ask for council nominations( forms available from Sue in the office).
If you believe you have some time and experience you can put to the good of the DCS then please think about standing for election.
Hopefully the road will be a little easier with the passing of time and there is so much for a new council to get their teeth into.
I, along with Fiona Miles are prepared to stand for election, but we both have decided it would only be for one year and also on the assumption that the amended proposals put before the membership at the EGM on 11th October are carried with the 75% majority required.
My idea was to step down, but the DCS needs continuety so a 12 month period to help settle in a new council, hopefully will encourage members to step forward knowing they are not going to be "dropped in it " so to speak.
So please, anyone on this board, members or silent viewers, have a seriuos think about it.
With the possibility of teleconferencing the trips to Stonleigh will be reduced although not eliminated altogether. Travel expenses are paid, and your teleconference calls paid for, you should not be out of pocket.
Well thats the subject kicked off, are there any comments?.
If you are out there and you are not sure whats involved and would like to know more about the job then give me a ring in confidence on 01509 211864
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster