Merry Christmas From New Zealnd - Christmas Greetings

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Inger

Post by Inger »

Well, our Christmas Tree is up and mostly decorated. The house tidying before the arrival of the extended family tomorrow (it is tomorrow for us in NZ), hasn't began in earnest yet, but the Christmas ham is cooked. We have ours cold with salads, here in NZ as the Summer temperatures make a hot meal unattractive to most diners.

So it must be time to send out Christmas greetings to you all, in a colder part of the world. Have a really enjoyable Christmas and I wish you a prosperous New Year with plenty of sunshine in the Spring and Summer and a good harvest of hay, to make up for the grim past two years.

Some parts of NZ are looking at their second Summer drought in two years and animal numbers are well down on traditional numbers, so they can get through the drought without the added stress of finding food for too many animals.

In our area, the grass growth is coming along nicely and we should be fine. Once we've sold some of our excess cows and also the weaned steers in Autumn, we should be well placed for Winter. Once we've stocked up on hay that is.

So I am anticipating a good year next year. We are even planning on an overseas trip and if possible, may get the opportunity to visit some Dexter Farms in the UK - time permitting.

So all the best to you all this Christmas and a very good year to follow.
Inger
NZ
wagra dexters

Post by wagra dexters »

And also from Australia, wishing all a very Happy Christmas.
Margaret.
Graham Beever & Margaret Weir
http://www.wagra-dexter.com.au/
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

A very merry Christmas to everyone, isn't it good to hear from all parts of the world.

How strange it must be to have Christmas in summer.

How strange it must be to have a summer.

Best wishes everyone.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

Dear all, wishing you all a merry christmas and a good 2009,just done weaning they have done very well,its very wet here but today is lovely we are desperate for a good summer.
BEST WISHES the nuttalls
j.nuttall
helen salmon

Post by helen salmon »

A Merry Christmas to you all from a very wet North Lincolnshire.
Thank you so much for your help and advice during our first year with Dexters - well with any cattle at all.
It has been a steep learning curve for us but we have really enjoyed it!
Helen
Colin

Post by Colin »

I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.

I very much look forward to continuing our dialogues in 2009.

With best wishes,

Colin
Colin Williams
Cwmdrysien Herd
New Forest
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

And a Merry Xmas to everyone from us as well. We've got our Australian family living with us at the moment. They've just come from 35-40C and have now all got colds after a week! But they'll have a nice dinner though.

Edited By Broomcroft on 1230137187
Clive
ann

Post by ann »

Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Happy Christmas from our dogs as well...

Clive
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Inger

Post by Inger »

What lovely photos Ann and Saffy.

Today was Boxing Day for us. Shopping for bargins at the Boxing Day Sales. I guess every country is having bigs sales in the retail sector this year.

We didn't find a long coat for our Son who's going to Canada next month to work, though. Its very hard to find such things in a city which never sees any snow. He might have to buy one as soon as he gets to Canada. I hear its snowing in Vancouver.
Inger
NZ
ann

Post by ann »

Hi Inger, your son might need some thermals as my brother lives in Vancouver and when I spoke to him just before Christmas it had been well below freezing for a few days with more cold weather to come.
I,m sure he will like Vancouver if he has not bee before :) :)
Woodmagic

Post by Woodmagic »

Having just managed to gain access to the board again, thanks Mark, can I wish everyone a happy and peaceful New Year
Beryl (Woodmagic)