Spring? - Well it feels like it!

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

It has been lovely the last few days.

The birds have been giving us a dawn chorus and the grass has started to grow. Chris has got the harrowing done - not the rolling yet but soon!

We moved the cows to a new field today, a couple of them have been out all winter and a couple were in for a few months they all seem happy with the move, there is a bit of grass but they will get hay and Mag Rolls as well!

They didn't mind getting quite close - at full pelt of course- before turning away at the last moment!!!

Stephanie :D
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
mike skelton

Post by mike skelton »

hi stephanie, i think you've put an end to the good weather. We're down the road in Carmarthen and since i read your post the temperature has nose dived and we've had some rain!! enough said.
i would like to comment on the sight of cattle in the field. the photo.s are lovely and you have some fantastic looking stock. i always enjoy reading your comments so keep up the good work.

mike
Merrimaker Dexters
Mike Skelton
Merrimaker Dexters
Carmarthen
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Thanks for the compliments Mike - the girls are probably already fully aware that they are gorgeous but just in case I shall pass that compliment on to them at feeding time....hope they don't get too big headed. :D

Stephanie

Edited By Saffy on 1236006044
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
mike skelton

Post by mike skelton »

i'm sure they won't stephanie. ??? would you mind as you're not too far away if i called to see you at sometime in the future.
Can you also tell me how you get your name etc on the bottom of your listing as it would save me loads of typing. Thanks

mike skelton

Merrimaker Dexters
Mike Skelton
Merrimaker Dexters
Carmarthen
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

we,ve had a move round,and all on fresh grass all bluetongued and wormed what a busy time! lambing shortly, still giving some silage. hey clive if u read this i have a ex cow of yours.moonshine maria? any info on her? doesnt like humans? jean jordeth :)
j.nuttall
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Hi Mike,

You would be most welcome but best to give a ring before you leave home so PM me and I will give you the phone number.

To get the name at the bottom you need to :-

1. Click on the Profile Icon for yourself, under a post you have written for instance.

2. A page opens up - Click on Personal Info and then Click Edit Your Profle.

3. Near the bottom of the page there is an option for the signature.

4. Don't forget to Click - Amend Profile after you have written your new signature, or it won't happen! :D

Here are a couple more pics taken in the already forgotten sunshine.

Stephanie

Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Sorry Mike!!!

My instructions are rubbish - there should be an extra one, we will have to call it:-

1a. Click - My Control Panel.

Sorry - the darned thing wouldn't let me edit it. :(

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Inger

Post by Inger »

Our Autumn is going well. Lovely sunny weather, could probably do with a day of rain actually and the day time temps are still up in the high 20s. Night time temps are down to 10 degree C, but the soil temp is remaining in the high teens, so the grass is still growing nicely and should stand us in good stead for the coming Winter. One of our better Autumns that I can remember.

We're looking at weaning most of our calves at Easter. Time for earplugs again. :)
Inger
NZ
mike skelton

Post by mike skelton »

the temperatures sound good to me Inger. I've just applied some fertilizer after having soil tests done ,so hopefully the grass should start moving now.

Thanks also stephine as you can see my name appears at the bottom of the page
Mike Skelton
Merrimaker Dexters
Carmarthen