Society Sales - Where Are They?

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
balliemore

Post by balliemore »

I'm interested in going to some sales. Closest to Scotland or better still in Scotland. Are there any? Which one do you recommend for bulls? Oban had a few cows a couple of years ago, but they were in a Rare Breed Sale. Is this the place to look for Dexter's?
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Last year I asked a similar question and put the sales where people said dexters were, had been or might be sold into a website sort of suggesting that with a bit of marketing and a little organisation they may be better supported with buyers and sellers. It's now out of date but it's still there so you might as well see it. I think most (not all) successful sales aren't at markets, they're on the farm.

www.dextersales.co.uk

This online site (dextercattleforsale) is probably the best marketplace their is for dexters thanks to all the work Mark Bowles does maintaining it.
Clive
Inger

Post by Inger »

We have a Dial-a-Dexter service here in NZ which is very handy. We can subscribe to the email service and any Dexter ads put on there for sale or wanted, gets emailed out to everyone on the subscribers list. Its great.
Inger
NZ