SEDGEMOOR SALE

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
strawberriesclint

Post by strawberriesclint »

HI EVERYONE

AS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW THERE IS A SALE AT SEDGEMOOR ON SATURDAY, FOR THE PAST 10 DAYS I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE CATALOGUE FOR THE SALE, I HAVE RANG THE MARKET, E-MAILED THEM SEVERAL TIMES, ONLY TO BE TOLD THE CATALOGUE WOULD BE READY FOR LAST FRIDAY AND THEY WOULD E-MAIL IT TO ME. I HAVE CONTACTED THEM AGAIN EXPLAINING THAT NOT ALL OF US HAVE CATTLE BOXES AND THAT WE HAVE TO HIRE THEM AND IN ORDER TO DO THAT WE NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS WORTH GOING TO SAID SALE AND THAT THEY ARE NOT EXACTLY GIVING ANYBODY A LOT OF TIME TO GET ORGANISED.

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES IT SEEM LIKE THEY ARE LEAVING EVERYTHING TO THE LAST MINUTE. THE OTHER SALE AT CIRENCESTER MARKET HAS HAD THERE CATALOGUE AVAILABLE ON LINE FOR OVER A WEEK OBVIOUSLY BETTER ORGANISED.

CYNDY
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

The catalogue is available on their website, I viewed it last night. There seem to be only a handful of Dexters there, maybe upto 6.

Natasha
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

yeah have been trying for five minutes to put another comment on and it kept saying I was not logged on! Apologies I have been looking at the Cirencester sale details and not Sedgemoor so you may be right that details are not yet available.

Natasha
Martin

Post by Martin »

The Sussex Cattle Society has a breed sale twice a year at Ashford, this year they have bought in an early registration to enable catalogues to be sent out earlier as they now have pictures of the bulls for sale and also the figures from those that record. All animals have the owners name against them and in the back they include a list of contact details of owners. This allows people to view animals before the sale, but does require a degree of trust that private sales do not happen and the animals concerned do turn up on the day of the sale. Owners are encouraged to allow prospective purchasers to come to the farm to inspect the animal for sale and to take a look at any related animals on the farm.
A great improvement on the way things are normally done, although it is easier for us as we are only a small society and the vast majority of herds are within the South East.
Martin.
Maidstone
Kent
strawberriesclint

Post by strawberriesclint »

HI AGAIN

UPDATE THE CATALOGUE WILL BE AVAILABLE AS OF THIS AFTERNOON AND ON REQUEST WILL BE E-MAILED TO YOU. FOUR DAYS BEFORE THE SALE IS CUTTING IT A BIT FINE IF YOU ASK ME AND IT DOESN'T EXACTLY ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO ATTEND.

CYNDY
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

They have 3 sales on 1st Aug. 2 are on Sat 1st Aug and 1 is on Monday 1st Aug :D. And the first sale under the heading "Cattle" has only sheep and goats listed when I looked. It'll be interesting to see if the you get the right day and what's actually for sale!
Clive
Ken Hobbs

Post by Ken Hobbs »

According to GTH advert in Saturdays Western Morning News there are 51 Dexters forward including the Beechleigh Herd reduction sale, going through ring 1 at approx 1 o'clock.