Magnesium Deficiency - Autumn cases happening now!

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Woodmagic

Post by Woodmagic »

Flakes are no good for me since my cows have access to the river, if there is an alternative they will avoid the treated water that has a taint.
Beryl (Woodmagic)
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Hi Debra, sorry for delay in replying, I'm on holiday but just found an internet cafe! I got them from Wynnstay if I recall correctly and they came without any instructions so I used to put a handful in the water trough (one of the moderate sized metal ones about 3' long, 18" deep type) every day or two. It was extremely unscientific. I got the idea from an article in a bulletin when we first started with dexters, so that will be about 5-6 years ago.

I started using them because I have at least one cow that will never touch a lick whatever type it was.

Sorry can't be more help.
Clive
Colin

Post by Colin »

I buy 15 kg bags of Magnesium Chloride from my local agricultural merchants. They order them in for me. They are supplied by a company called 'Dead Sea Works' from Israel. So this is basically sea salt from the Dead Sea.

Regards,

Colin
Colin Williams
Cwmdrysien Herd
New Forest