Wanted: Bull for Hire Shropshire

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Hi - Has anyone got a decent bull, non-short, to hire out to a small herd in Shropshire or surrounding area please? If so, can you PM me please.
Clive
Jim Taylor

Post by Jim Taylor »

Just being nosey; did you get any replies Clive?
Jim
The Biggin Herd
Kent
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Yes Jim we did, so there are bulls out there. I get calls almost every week for bull hire, it is the number one problem here for smallholders I feel judging by the phone calls.

Edited By Broomcroft on 1257063051
Clive
Woodmagic

Post by Woodmagic »

Yes Clive and not just in your area, it is a problem throughout the country for the small breeder. The latest T.B. regulations have aggravated it; some breeders who used to hire out find it no longer worth the hassle. Elsewhere on this board postings have shown the very high cost of A.I, apart from the difficulty of success for the novice multiplied by the haphazard timing of the operator. However much we dote on our little Dexter we require it to calve and earn its living!
Beryl (Woodmagic)
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Just bringing this to the top again. Got another two people over here, Shropshire, that need to hire bulls. Let me know if you have one available and I'll put you in touch. You can send an email from my website below my signature. Thanks.
Clive