Dexters in the limelight - on TV

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Penny

Post by Penny »

Thanks for your kind words. On the plus side, they have edited things out which could have been bad, like when Janet first saw some short legged steers and said they were "F.......g freaks" in her eloquent way.
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Just looking at the figures. Successful searches for dexter beef have doubled and are staying up there near the top of all search phrases, and the program is attracting 1.8 MILLION viewers per episode. Even though it's on late, those viewing figures are the same as the other main cookery programs. In about a year's time, it will no doubt go worldwide as well.

Here's a link (hopefully) to the episode 4. The Dexter Show is (very roughly) about half way through. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gord ... f-word/4od
Clive
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Correction, it's 44 minutes into the program.
Clive
Penny

Post by Penny »

OK everyone,
I have finally had it confirmed what we all suspected, after watching mind-blowingly boring episodes ( or usually sleeping thought them!) that there is not going to be any "finale" with the animals.............all that milking, for the cheese and icecream etc, reluctantly done to give Dexters as much PR as possible is never going to be shown.
I accept that it is usual to edit extremely viciously, but this was a complete programme format change, they just decided they would just run with the restaurant competition. They have wasted so much of my summer by not making this decision until the programme was being aired.
There is a chance that the beef still features in the final night's menu, so let's hope they spend a few seconds to comment about it.
The feedback I have had from many different sectors is that the animal feature in the series is the most interesting part for many people. Comments can be left on Channel 4 website, so perhaps we should start something like the move to get a certain christmas number one record, and bombard them with requests for the dexters pigs and hens to be shown with their own programme!!! As long as they don't have any more footage of me ( as I have had enough embarrassment with that) they have some excellent footage.

Here's hoping they do just a bit of justice in the last episodes. I know that some of the Dexter breeders who were approached by Channel 4 but not eventually chosen will be extremely glad that they weren't.
108-1260406081

Post by 108-1260406081 »

dear penny the lovey doveys of the tv world are a funny crowd. i once done some work for the bbc show DIY SOS i plumbed a kitchen and some pipework down in cardiff. it was a great laugh and i got paid to travel from esex. but they wanted everything there way i think they seem to forget real people have real lives and we are if not more busy than they are. dont be embarresd look at it as you have been there done that and probably wont do again. i would imagine they did take up a lot of your time and cause you extra worry. but the show must go on as they say. and your cattle were a credit to you i must say.
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

One good word on tele is worth a thousand years flogging away at a market. Even if nothing else happens at all, it has been a huge success as far as the beef is concerned without any doubt. But it must be hugely disappointing to know that all that extra work will come to nought, i.e. knowing you could have just supplied some beef! How annoying.
Clive
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Looking forward to tonights final, be nice to see how much publicity the dexter beef gets.

Also which way the final will go, traditional british pub up against indian restaurant.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Well done Penny. Dexter is now truly a brand not just a type of beef.
Clive
CarolineL

Post by CarolineL »

Great to see the Dexters on the final! And all the fantastic comments about the Dexter beef!
Must have been very frustrating for you Penny that they edited so much out but the Dexters really were a credit to you and you should be very proud of them (as I'm sure you are!)
All the best
Caroline
Ferryboat Dexters
Richard Knott & Caroline Littler
Thorganby
York
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

We were unable to watch the last one live and recorded it to watch last night.

We wholeheartedly agree - well done Penny and thank you for the hard work and patience you have put in promoting Dexter beef, which will one way or another help all us owners in the future!!!

Stephanie and Chris
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

hi penny, you worked hard and did a brill job, i think the heart let the chef down, it's not my favourite but some folks mite love it. well done you :) :) :) jean jordeth
j.nuttall
Tim Watson

Post by Tim Watson »

I am just watching it now and have got to the first ad's. GR has interviewed Janet SP and the inference is she has done all the production of the beef.
How much did she do? As little as I suspect she did?
Tim
Denise

Post by Denise »

I think its brilliant - and am waiting to see some of it on the tele when it gets to Oz.

Can they give you copies of the stuff they havnt used, so that you guys can use it for promotion over in the UK at Shows and Field days etc?????

Denise from DHA Downunder
Denise of DHA Dexters, Downunder
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

It won't be just a TV program either. It'll snowball into cookery books and websites. Caroline's Dexter Pie recipe from 2007 has just appeared in a new recipe book called Britain's Best Dish and she didn't even know about it, just came across by accident on Amazon. There are F Word books as well but presumably from previous programs, and Great British Menu as well.

Edited By Broomcroft on 1263109885
Clive