Dexters in the limelight - on TV

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Penny

Post by Penny »

OK everyone,

some people are aware of this, but most are not, that Dexters are going to be on the new series of The F Word, starting 3rd November. They will not be on every week, but most weeks throughout the series. Please do not condemn me for some of the things said and done, it depends how things are edited and some things are done for effect (and filmed several times until my brain was scrambled!)
The aim is to promote Dexters as an ideal cow for beef, milk and some showing, so it should be all good publicity for the Dexters, but not necessarily me, as I am dreading how I will come across on the camera, and the diet starts now!! I just hope that the last 4 months hard work has been worth it, and the majority of you are happy with the results and hopefully gain from this by increased demand for both breeding stock and beef.

If, after viewing, you wonder about some of the things recorded, post your comments on here and I wil try to give you some background to it. To give you an idea, I challenge anyone to load their animals singlehanded, whilst trying to get the cattle to walk towards a trailer with aTV crew with fluffy mikes, TV cameras etc.at the side Load them up, turn off cameras, let them out again and then load them up again the next day............

My girls were brilliant, and I am very proud of them, but there were moments when they proved that its not always wise to work with animals!

Happy viewing
Penny
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Well done Penny. I can't wait to see your program. We're sold out of beef until May next year and after you going on tele I bet that'll go out to Xmas 2010 !!!

We know what is involved and that you just don't go on tele, it takes over your life for months and is enjoyable but very stressful at times. To do that and keep your business going is really something and very much appreciated. You're a star.

Edited By Broomcroft on 1256801361
Clive
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Well done Penny, i know its not been easy, i also know i wouldn't have wanted to do the job, so good for you.
Also thanks for opening yourself up to questions, it should be a busy time on the discussion board!
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Carol K

Post by Carol K »

Is that a BBC or ITV program? Just wondering if we may get it in the USA. If it's on the BBC we may get to see it over here, I hope so.
I hope it brings you all lots of Dexter enquiries and that it's a huge success.

Carol K
Woodmagic

Post by Woodmagic »

I was delighted to read your posting Penny, I hope the TV operators haven’t managed to sabotage your efforts; I know from long ago experience they are capable. I am sure most breeders will certainly not be looking to criticise but will be appreciative of your efforts to publicise the breed. I gather from a reliable source that it is not the first time you have been responsible for some of the recent excellent publicity to which the Dexter has been exposed.
Thank you from one very grateful breeder, more power to your elbow.
Beryl (Woodmagic)
AlisonKirk

Post by AlisonKirk »

The F Word

Channel 4, Tuesday 3 November at 9pm.

Alison Kirk
Penny

Post by Penny »

Thanks for your kind words. Can't tell you how nervous I am !
I know there are good intentions behind this programme, and hopefully the Dexters will come out well in this. I am more worried about the odd comment I may have made after days with little sleep, which is then repeated to the nation! I hate having my photo taken, so you can imagine how I feel about being on TV.
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

As Jimmy says "It'll be fine" and it will.
Clive
moomin

Post by moomin »

Well done Penny. I am delighted, I know what hard work it is and how time consuming.
TV publicity of this type is the very best we can get for our breed.
Don't be nervous, we will all love it. I am looking forward to it immensly.
Thankyou so much for doing it.
Di
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

What will you be watching tonight?
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

:D Thanks for the reminder Steve!
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Well done Penny, Janet probably deserved the kick!
Good references to dexters so its looking good.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Excellent Penny.

We both enjoyed the kick too.

Stephanie and Chris
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
carole

Post by carole »

Well done Penny, thought your dexters were better behaved than Janet. As you kindly invited questions I was wondering how long that section took to film?
Callington, Cornwall
Penny

Post by Penny »

I knew they would not edit out the kick!! I don't want to say too much yet as I don't know if they will show a bit more of Janet initially choosing her dexters or not. Sufffice to say that it was a long day's filming and a lot of preparation put in before hand to get the Dexters tolerate certain things!
Many of them had halters on, and that was to identify those who were suitable for Janet to chose.