Herd Books - Mystery

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
wagra dexters

Post by wagra dexters »

Todays mail brought seven DCS Herd Books, years 1996 to 2002. The box has no indication of sender, and no customs/douane sticker. Addressee sticker is machine typed. The books are packed in 'The Westmorland Gazette' newspaper, and posted on 20/11/09.

The package could be a Xmas present arranged by Beryl, I don't know, but would be typical of her. She didn't mention it but she would have know what books I didn't have. At first I though someone must have sent some of her books to me, but then I checked the date. Can someone tell me please, who is in Westmorland that would have these books to post? Is DCS merchandise department based in Westmorland?

Did Beryl tell anybody anything about sending books? If not Beryl, I have no idea how they have managed to arrive here on my doorstep.

Margaret
Graham Beever & Margaret Weir
http://www.wagra-dexter.com.au/
Martin

Post by Martin »

Maybe it was the herdbook fairy :D
Martin.
Maidstone
Kent
wagra dexters

Post by wagra dexters »

The same fairy who took the last letters off some of the words in my previous post, which I haven't been able to edit!
Denise

Post by Denise »

Marg, arn't u a lucky one then eh! Enjoy.
Denise of DHA Dexters, Downunder
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

It might be the Cumbria area Margaret? i.e. North (our way up) but not quite in Scotland.

Edited By Broomcroft on 1264182243
Clive
wagra dexters

Post by wagra dexters »

Even standing on our head, Clive, north is still the same way up! It seems that it may well have been Cumbria.

Margaret
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

i ave a few herd books from 2004, free to good home if u pay postage ta jean nuttall jordeth, i hoard stuff
j.nuttall
JamsHundred

Post by JamsHundred »

I am an avid, compulsive researcher on the Dexter breed. I have collected a good many UK herdbooks, ( always looking to fill in the gaps) and I have been compiling the appendix registries over the past few years and hope to be finished in another one or so.

I am also working on another area of interest regarding a US bull bred in the UK, and I need herdbooks for the years 1940 through 1944). If anyone has these to sell, ( or earlier ones as well) or would be willing to have these copied for me I would be beyond appreciative. I will beg, barter, trade. . . anything US or otherwise so I can finish this project and be free to move on to another.

I am also happy to help any breeder searching for pedigree info on their herds and will do look ups as time permits for animals not in your pedigree records online.
( Usually when there is an appendix animal the pedigree is blank).

1943 is of the most interest, than backwards to 1940.

Thanks,
Judy