women showing bulls

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
clacko

Post by clacko »

IM hoping to show a couple of bulls this year of our own, Is it fround upon for a women to show a bull as i havent seen many being shown by a women ,
paul , victoria & laura claxton
snarehill dexters
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

The only thing that springs to mind is that - I think 2 people are supposed to show a bull.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Martin

Post by Martin »

The champion bull of the Sussex Society is owned by a woman who shows her bulls all over the south east and at last years Royal. She always goes into the ring on her own. Another large herd has a female manager and she also shows at least two bulls one for her and one for the herdsman. I don't see it being an issue, especially in these times of equal rights.
Martin.
Maidstone
Kent
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Its not a problem as far as the DCS is concerned, many ladies have shown dexter bulls in the past, the last one i saw was Newbury last year. You would need to be over 18 and a competant stockperson, and i would suggest a second person would be required just in case. There are show rules applying to each individual show in each schedule so check them out.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Buryhill Dexters

Post by Buryhill Dexters »

natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

I always lead our bull who is 3 years old. Most shows state that you should have two of you in the ring with the bull, although I usually take my daughter who is 13 in with me. She generally holds the show stick and walks behind the bull while I do all the handling. She has led the bull at home since he was a small calf and he is very docile.

Natasha :)
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Valerie Roberts had a super photo of herself leading Vycanny Peachblossom's Foursquare Conkson, probably at the 1956 Royal Show. The bull was double haltered with Valerie leading on one side and another handler on the other side.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham