Hay Theft

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
bjreroberts

Post by bjreroberts »

Went to one of my fields yesterday and noticed the door the shed was open and some small bales have been taken.

Probably no more than 6 have been taken, but I am guessing they may come back for more, so I will have to check more frequently.

Has anyone else had any hay stolen?
Ben Roberts
Trehawben Herd
Bromsgrove
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Bet they'll be back, so I'd do something. Could you put a wildlife camera down there? I bought a little alarm some time ago, only cost a few quid, and you attach a thin cable or fishing line to it, tie it to a bale and when it goes off it made a lot of noise.
Clive
bjreroberts

Post by bjreroberts »

Thanks Clive, good idea I think I'll try a few cheap personal attack alarms tied to the bales closest to the entrance.

Unfortunately I am too far away to be able to hear anything, but it might make them run off.
Ben Roberts
Trehawben Herd
Bromsgrove
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Any signs that anyone has been back poking around in your barn Ben?

We are being more vigilant since your first post to the delight of the dog, as every time he barks, one of us is out the door in no time to check there is nobody about, the dog is now blessed with feelings of great power! :D

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/