What Used Round Baler?

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Broomcroft

What Used Round Baler?

Post by Broomcroft »

What used round baler do you think I should look out for? I'd prefer not to spend much more than £5-7k if possible. I don't mind whether it's string or netting but most of what it produces will be wrapped if that makes a difference to the decision.

It'll only be doing about 800-1000 bales a year.

Or are used balers all a nightmare? I don't want loads of breakdowns and parts must be readily available.

Thanks.
Clive
strawberriesclint

Re: What Used Round Baler?

Post by strawberriesclint »

Hi

A couple of years ago we bought a RP120 welger round baler as we were fed up of always coming last in the que to the larger dairy farmers in our area, and as you can guess it was difficult to get good feed made. So we decided enough was enough and to be honest apart from a few teething problems its been great and also as it produces slightly smaller bales it only requires 65-70hp tractor to drive it. The trip mechanism is mechanical so there are no electronics to go wrong. An excellant basic baler. Probably cost around £4-£5,000 second hand for a good one.

cyndy
davidw

Re: What Used Round Baler?

Post by davidw »

I bought a Krone round baler last year. Its mechanical and hydraulic, doesn't have any electronics. It is also easy to drive with a 60 hp tractor.I've found it to be pretty good apart from the fact that its not too keen on dealing with straw from rotary combines, but that's a common problem. I paid £3,000
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick