New "short- leg" bull semen

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
moomin

New "short- leg" bull semen

Post by moomin »

I have been concerned that very little modern "short leg" bull semen is available. A collection from Moomin Peejay has been taken for UK mainland use only. Moomin Peejay is line bred on Statenboro' Polly 21st. *** [the only elite status cow to go through the DCS bull improvement scheme]. He is an admix of all my very best cows including Polly Moomin, Royal Show Champion, and Jenny Moomin, Royal show Champion and World Dexter Congress Supreme Champion.
Peejay is a typical old fashioned dual -purpose Dexter bull. He has been bred for good udders and milk production which our breed seems to be sadly losing lately. He is also very sound and a real gentleman.
Semen will be available at the end of the month, £8.00 per straw to DCS members and £12.00 per straw to non-members, plus transfer fees.
I would like to thank Felicity Thomson [The Wise Cow] and Bob Wise for organising the collection whilst he was on a working holiday in Berkshire with her cows!
She also had semen taken from her champion "non-short" bull "Daystar Pluto" at the same time. Pluto was best bull and reserve overall champion at our National Show last year. Contact Felicity for more details.
Di
01304 825188