Possible scam

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Louisa Gidney

Possible scam

Post by Louisa Gidney »

I've had an interesting enquiry from a chap with a canadian email address but who purports to be in Malaysia. He was responding to my advert here for a cow, which he proposed to export. However alarm bells rang when he showed far more interest in the finance than the cow. Anyone else had anything similar?
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Saffy

Re: Possible scam

Post by Saffy »

Not when selling a cow but when I was selling a horse and advertised it in Horse and Hound last year a very similar thing happened. I was selling the horse, a registered show quality section D gelding and asking £2500. However I didn't feel that the horse was really of the type that would get an enquiry from abroad, although there was a photo of him and he was very smart and also the enquiry didn't sound genuine, so I ignored it totally, as there was something not right.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

And there was me trying to work out if I had the time & money to spare to come from York! :mrgreen:
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

It's a long time since variations of this topic came up but just to make people aware that it seems to be happening again. I've had a "Kamila Taylor" wanting to buy Manx Loaghtan rams, who will send a courier (sic) to collect but needs all my bank details & personal info before sending a cheque in payment. I pointed out this smelt like a scam and have had no further correspondence.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham