Wanted Ring Feeder

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Malkin Dexters

Wanted Ring Feeder

Post by Malkin Dexters »

Does anyone have a ring feeder (suitable for horned dexters) ?

Or know anywhere where I can get hold of one for a reasonable price ?
Broomcroft

Re: Wanted Ring Feeder

Post by Broomcroft »

Where are you?
Clive
Malkin Dexters

Post by Malkin Dexters »

West Yorkshire Clive.
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

We use standard sized ring feeders & barriers for horned Dexters with no trouble. We have one feeder with every other bar cut out from when we had Highlands but if I had them again I'd go for a tombstone type.
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Malkin Dexters wrote:West Yorkshire Clive.
Oh! If you'd said Shropshire I know a good supplier for an IAE Tombstone or whatever.
Clive
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

My advice is when you decide which type of ring feeder you want, do find out who is in charge of each store near you and ask about discount, I always get discount at my local farm stores and the man who is manager over several stores gives a good discount on large items. I was quoted up to £235 plus vat for a standard ring feeder, more for a heavy duty but bought my standard for £180 inc vat with discount, delivery was £10. It worked out cheaper than the best price I was offered for a yearling feeder.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
DENIS

Post by DENIS »

I have a 5 year old standard galv.ring feeder for sale good condition, based near J36 M6
£65.00 buys it - collection only, please e mail denisjcrowe@gmail.com if interested.
Denis
Fen Farm Dexters

Post by Fen Farm Dexters »

On subject of ring feeders, why do they have solid panels at the bottom rather than bars going down to the ground ? If the bars went all the way down, wouldn't it prevent the possibility of trapping a head as you drop the bale in?
littleacorn

Post by littleacorn »

Countrywide stores have got a 30% discount promotion on Bateman livestock equipment at the moment so their prices are pretty good, think its to the end of the month. :)
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

littleacorn wrote:Countrywide stores have got a 30% discount promotion on Bateman livestock equipment at the moment so their prices are pretty good, think its to the end of the month. :)
Yes, I just bought a mini-sheep race for less than £400 !!! That's 4 sheeted hurdles, a drafting gate and a guillotine gate, brilliant. Also 3 Bateman ring-feeders (really good quality) for £82.50 each, plus vat. Delivery extra though but reasonable.
Clive
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Broomcroft wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Countrywide stores have got a 30% discount promotion on Bateman livestock equipment at the moment so their prices are pretty good, think its to the end of the month. :)
Yes, I just bought a mini-sheep race for less than £400 !!! That's 4 sheeted hurdles, a drafting gate and a guillotine gate, brilliant. Also 3 Bateman ring-feeders (really good quality) for £82.50 each, plus vat. Delivery extra though but reasonable.
Would that be this one, Clive? I was thinking of buying one but couldn't quite justify it, but for £392 maybe it's worth thinking again...
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Yes, that's the one Rob. But it hasn't arrived yet...hopefully just due to snow...so can't comment on what it's like. But I already have Bateman sheep ring feeders and they are substantially better than the IAE ones, so hoping the race parts will be similar quality!

I'll report back as soon as it arrives, which should be in the next day or two.
Clive
Colin

Post by Colin »

Does anybody have experience of using a big bale hayrack instead of a ring feeder ?

Regards,

Colin
Colin Williams
Cwmdrysien Herd
New Forest
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

Just ordered an IAE sheep race set up. the basic races wont take any of the other fitments so i went for an all singing unit with a forcing pen, perhaps got carried away with a rush of blood. hopefully it will last. 1300 + VAT

dom
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

I've got an IAE sheep race dom and it's very good.
Clive