horse meat

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
SteveM

horse meat

Post by SteveM »

just wondering if we may be the source of the contamination.

as many of us may be hobby farmers could we perhaps be sending the pony by mistake, instead of a steer?

thought there was supposed to be traceability from the plate to the farm,

wonder what we are spending money on tags and passports for?

hopefully can only be good for the locally produced beef trade
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
Broomcroft

Re: horse meat

Post by Broomcroft »

You're right Steve. I think farmers swapping the ear tags over to their horses just before delivery and hope the abattoir doesn't notice.

Seriously though, don't think this has anything to with the producers, it's the processors mixing things up after slaughter is where the problem is. But they will know precisely what they are doing. It cannot be a mistake. Pull the other one it's got bells on is what I'd say to them.
Clive
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

With a burger costing 12p its a wonder there is any meat what so ever in it.

If ever there was a better bit of advertising for "BUY LOCAL".

dom
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

The meat processing industry has always had a criminal element to the very top, particularly on the continent with the Italian Mafia connections (I guess that's where the 'horses heads' idea comes from) that spread throughout the UK & USA.
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

domsmith wrote:With a burger costing 12p its a wonder there is any meat what so ever in it.

If ever there was a better bit of advertising for "BUY LOCAL".

dom

12p!!! It's amazing they can afford horse at that price :? Bet you anything they are full of Bute as they must be any old rubbish probably at no cost at all.
Clive
LISA

Post by LISA »

Whats all the fuss about horse meat in junk food? For years we've been told ready meals contain too much Salt and Shergar.

Apparantly Findus Lasagne has been found to contain 100% horsemeat, hope they've tested their Spaghetti Bologneighs too.

It is getting serious though as a woman was taken to hospital after eating a Tesco Burger - her condition is said to be Stable.

SO MANY good jokes about on the internet at the moment!!!

My favourite being "What do you call a burnt Tesco Burger? Answer - Black Beauty"
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

:) :) :) :)
Clive