Scrumptious Dexter Beef

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Colin

Scrumptious Dexter Beef

Post by Colin »

A couple of years ago I managed to find an excellent butcher who has a very loyal customer base. Since then he's taken everything we can produce. When he ran short once, a customer refused the offer of another type of beef, wanting only ours. So this has gone really well.

Only downside has been when our own freezer emptied, we had no beef for our own use. That was until just before Christmas when I managed to get a steer done for ourselves. He was a bit on the young side at 22 months, but I couldn't put it off any longer. Quite a stocky build (more of a prop forward than a second row), he graded at O+4L and 183kg dead weight. Not too bad for his age, I was pleased.

My goodness has he been delicious. Everyting we've had has been fantastic. Rump steaks were so juicy and tender, all the joints we've had have been wonderful. Last night my wife cooked Dexter Beef lasagne and it was simply divine. I didn't want it to end. And it came with a guarantee of no horse DNA.

Grass fed Dexter beef really is something very special.

Regards,

Colin
Colin Williams
Cwmdrysien Herd
New Forest
domsmith

Re: Scrumptious Dexter Beef

Post by domsmith »

Thats why we do it, isnt it?

Dom
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

domsmith wrote:Thats why we do it, isnt it?

Dom
Nah, we do it for the money, don't we? :wink:
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

Yes we do it to spend more money every year!
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Although, having said that, I got a quote today for covering one side of the cowshed roof in solar panels - it came to more than it cost to build the shed and, with finance, turned out to yield about the same as finishing one extra beast a year.