Dexters on TV BBC2 Friday 1st Nov 2013

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Duncan MacIntyre

Dexters on TV BBC2 Friday 1st Nov 2013

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

I don't know any details but Dexters should feature on next week's "Landward" on BBC2 at 7pm next Friday 1st November. Not sure if this goes out south of border or if it is Scotland only.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
domsmith

Re: Dexters on TV BBC2 Friday 1st Nov 2013

Post by domsmith »

LOL its me!

they filmed here back in september, shows the cows in the field and the beef at my friends restaurant in edinburgh.

dont know if it will be any good or not

d
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Good Dom, I presume it is Fred from L'Escargot Bleu who is with you, should be a good team.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Hope someone north of the border, or who knows there way around the iplayer can post a link to the program after transmission.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
GEE TEE

Post by GEE TEE »

Go to BBC I-PLAYER HOME scroll down the middle of the page to CATEGORIES at the bottom click REGIONAL and there you will find SCOTLAND, WALES and NORTHERN IRELAND click on to the region you want, program should be on about 1 hour after schedule time.Farm fixer episodes (DEXTERS) N/IRELAND are on there if anybody has not seen them
Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Just watched landward. a good bit of publicity for the breed I thought? Especially like how the herd was changed from angus to the dexter which I found interesting. Watching the steak being cooked has also left me hungry for steak! :P
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Just watched (handy that the Dexter is the first item!) - well done Dom!

The chef seemed to know what he was doing with the ribeye steak in this programme, as opposed to the fixer one though - none of that cooking it wrong and complaining that it was chewy. :)
Colin

Post by Colin »

Very good Dom, excellent advertisement for the breed and the beef.

Here's the iPlayer link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... pisode_19/

Regards,

Colin
Colin Williams
Cwmdrysien Herd
New Forest
Rhamil24

Post by Rhamil24 »

What great PR for the breed and coming so soon after James Martin's wonderful piece on the Northern Ireland herd. I've just been appointed to Council of the Dexter Cattle Society and have joined the Beef Committee where I will be working hard with my colleagues to achieve a lot more national positive PR over the coming months.

I am also developing a premium beef initiative which, hopefully, will make it a great deal easier for Members to market and process their fully finished pedigree animals whilst achieving much better pricing. There's much to do and we will need the support of as many Members as possible on the journey ahead.

Roddy Hamilton
Robert & Alison Kirk

Post by Robert & Alison Kirk »

Don't forget Dexters still to be featured on Countryfile as filmed in Ireland a few weeks ago. Not sure when but hopefully very soon.

Regards
Alison Kirk
Boram Dexters
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Rhamil24 wrote:What great PR for the breed and coming so soon after James Martin's wonderful piece on the Northern Ireland herd. I've just been appointed to Council of the Dexter Cattle Society and have joined the Beef Committee where I will be working hard with my colleagues to achieve a lot more national positive PR over the coming months.

I am also developing a premium beef initiative which, hopefully, will make it a great deal easier for Members to market and process their fully finished pedigree animals whilst achieving much better pricing. There's much to do and we will need the support of as many Members as possible on the journey ahead.

Roddy Hamilton
You'll certainly have my support if the figures & practicalities stack up for a profitable, sustainable future.
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Well done dom, you came across very well, obviously a new career in the making? Were the cattle crosses or pure?
Clive
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

Thanks guys it was better than i could have hoped.

the cows were a real mixture. some where pure, others were cross. i think my golloway cross got in on the action. all the calves with no horns were angus cross. that was filmed nearly 2 months ago, and it was amazing to see how much they have grown! and apart from the usual scurmishing they behaved. i expected to go to see them and only find an empty field.

Fred (the chef) is top notch does not mess with food, all built around the ingredients. the beef used was from a 36 month old cow. had 1 calf then not in calf. i had 3 like that and the beef has been amazing. this was pedigree dexter beef.

hopefully it does you guys working serioulsy with beef some help.

d
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Robert & Alison Kirk wrote:Don't forget Dexters still to be featured on Countryfile as filmed in Ireland a few weeks ago. Not sure when but hopefully very soon.

Regards
Alison Kirk
Boram Dexters
Word on the street says it's on next weekend (10th November)
JohnnyP

Post by JohnnyP »

In the Financial Times Weekend magazine, November 2/3, the comedian Alexander Armstrong says he's "planning a small herd of Dexter cattle" at his new smallholding near Oddington (Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire border).