Bull For Sale

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
TomGDexters

Bull For Sale

Post by TomGDexters »

Hi

We have decided to sell our pedigree Black Dexter Bull he will be 7 years old now I think, he is in good fettle and keen to work. He is quiet, can be a little head strong when he has no ladies to serve but otherwise fine, and has produced piles of good calves that can be seen.

Please get in touch for more details

Cheers

tom
JohnnyP

Re: Bull For Sale

Post by JohnnyP »

I don't think I'm ready for a bull yet, but how many cows do you think it takes to keep a bull happy, if he's not being hired out? I've only got three (cows).
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Hello Johnny P,

I suspect it depends a bit on the bull, I only have 4 cows but I don't ever leave the bull on his own. Very occasionally he has spent a few weeks with a couple of steers but I usually keep him with at least one cow, even if I know she is in calf. Also I don't house him in the winter, so he is getting some exercise all year around.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

I've kept a bull since six cows and never had a problem, even having left them on their own for a short while or with the company of steers. They key is selection for temperament. Always be wary of working with bulls, of course, but anything that shows a hint of bad temperament goes in the freezer. It doesn't matter how good he is in other ways, it's not worth the risk to me if I'm six feet under.
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

TomGDexters wrote:Hi

We have decided to sell our pedigree Black Dexter Bull he will be 7 years old now I think, he is in good fettle and keen to work. He is quiet, can be a little head strong when he has no ladies to serve but otherwise fine, and has produced piles of good calves that can be seen.

Please get in touch for more details

Cheers

tom
Where are you Tom, and is he polled by any chance?

PS. He shouldn't need ladies to serve to keep him calm, just ladies even if they're in calf. Maybe stick him back with the cows till he's sold to be safe. Nobody wants a stroppy bull. Just a suggestion.
Clive
TomGDexters

Post by TomGDexters »

Hi all

I think i might have made him sound bad not, but this is not the case!!

We are in Barnsley S Yorkshire (TB 4years). He is de-horned but not polled, I have certificates for his pedigree, we wll be sad to see him go really but we are having a change round in system.

Cheers

Tom
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Hi Tom, a photo always helps to sell a bull.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

TomGDexters wrote:We are in Barnsley S Yorkshire (TB 4years). He is de-horned but not polled, I have certificates for his pedigree, we wll be sad to see him go really but we are having a change round in system.
Hi Tom, I have a friend who's looking round for a Dexter Bull but it's probably too far for him to go unless he had been polled. He's in the Midlands.

If anyone else knows of a polled bull preferably in the Midlands for sale if you could PM me with details please? Colour doesn't matter.

Thanks
Clive
TomGDexters

Post by TomGDexters »

Hi

We have come to the point now with this bull, that due to our change in policy he has to be on his way. If anyone is interested he is a decent pedigree stock bull with plenty of life left in him and has sired some good calves. We would like around £500 for him but if we have no takers in the next week or two I he will have to go on his holidays......

Any interested parties please get in touch

Cheers

Tom
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

I can't find him advertised in the for sale section Tom?
TomGDexters

Post by TomGDexters »

He isn't Rob, do you require some details?

cheers
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

At the moment I could do without another bull but I do get a lot of enquiries from people looking for stock. I'm happy to pass on details but I usually just refer them to this site but few of them come onto the discussion board so I'd suggest get him listed on the site, preferably with a good photo.
TomGDexters

Post by TomGDexters »

Rob

Details are in with the site just waiting for them to post/approve the advert. I would be very grateful of any enquiries seems a shame to cull a good bull really but we need to keep things moving at this end

Cheers
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

hi clive, i have some polled bulls, kept back due to their kinder nature, last years born will check dams tonight and let you know thanx jean :) :) ps 5 dexters going to chelford in next few weeks
j.nuttall
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Have sent you a pm Tom
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire