(Good) Foot Trimmer Needed

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
LISA

(Good) Foot Trimmer Needed

Post by LISA »

Hello, Can anyone recommend a (good) cattle foot trimmer. We are based near Silverstone, Northamptonshire. We had a brilliant one (Andrew Roberts from Huddersfield) when we lived in Newark (should anyone want a northern recommendation). We used to have a good one here too but I cannot seem to locate him now. Any recommendations please?

Thank you. Best Wishes Lisa Bell.
Rob R

Re: (Good) Foot Trimmer Needed

Post by Rob R »

Unfortunately I can't help, but did wonder what Andrew Roberts minimum/call out charge is? as we'd like Nat's ox done but there's only one of him.
Jac

Post by Jac »

LISA wrote:Hello, Can anyone recommend a (good) cattle foot trimmer. We are based near Silverstone, Northamptonshire. We had a brilliant one (Andrew Roberts from Huddersfield) when we lived in Newark (should anyone want a northern recommendation). We used to have a good one here too but I cannot seem to locate him now. Any recommendations please?

Thank you. Best Wishes Lisa Bell.

Checked the NACFT site?

http://www.nacft.com/list.htm
debra wiltshire

Post by debra wiltshire »

we need one too! Had a look at the website but no one registered in the Leicestershire/Lincolnshire area....
It seems too that you can not contact the NACFT as there is no contact details on the website...obviously not enough dairy herds over in the east!
13 Aug I have been back to the website you recommended Jac and found a local person who is coming over next week...happy days!
Sounded very professional and has other dexter herds as customers.
Last edited by debra wiltshire on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Debra Wiltshire
Cosmos Dexters,
Lincs/Leics border
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Gemma Fullard is excellent and very experienced. But don't know how far she'll travel from south Warks? You can get her details from the online herd book I imagine.
Clive
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Gemma visits us in Biddlesden which is approx two/three miles from you Lisa so I am sure she will come to you. if not, there is Matt Tutt 079190280536. I havent had him do mine but would consider him if Gemma couldnt do it for us. Her number is 07768 465556. Hope that is some help.

Natasha
natmadaboutdexters

Sorry, wrong number for Matt 07919 280536
natmadaboutdexters

Just thought of another one1 John Bowyer, been doing it for years. His number is 07977 509067. I hope this number is upto date as we have not used him since we stopped doing commercial beef cattle but he is very experienced and based in Bucks.

Natasha