Another Nail in the Coffin

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Rob R

Re: Another Nail in the Coffin

Post by Rob R »

SteveM wrote:On the subject of tractors many now have 40 or 50kph gearboxes. british speed limit is still 20mph??
Yes, that's a good point, and there are also rules surrounding red diesel and tractors on the road that could, potentially, grind the agricultural industry to a halt overnight, if they decided to start enforcing it to the letter of the law.
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Regarding the test to transport livestock for up to 8 hours, there was a letter a year or so ago updating the certificate, provided you signed & returned form with tick boxes. Duly did. One does need to fill in the number for journeys over 50k on sheep aml/arams forms so it was necessary to take the test. I did the dual sheep & cattle one. It reinforced my prejudice against multiple choice questions as I got full marks despite not knowing some answers, merely seeing a pattern in the ones I thought were correct.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I just did the cattle one, as havent had pigs for 30 years and never had sheep. wish i had taken them as well though as a good chance of passing on common sense and now unable to transport sheep and pigs if i ever got a return load from a sale.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
bo-peep

Post by bo-peep »

Hi all ,
hope this helps clarify things a bit ,
RE drivers CPC,taken from Lowe's Transport Manager's and Operator's Handbook 2014;
Exemptions will also apply to drivers of the following vehicles:
.Vehicles with a maximum authorized speed not exceeding 45 kph;
. vehicles used for non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods for personal use;
. Vehicles carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of
his work,provided that driving is not the driver's principal activity.
davidw

Post by davidw »

I also took the theory test allowing me to transport stock. As it expired they automatically sent me a new one.
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick