Moreton In Marsh Show

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
natmadaboutdexters

Moreton In Marsh Show

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Did anyone attend Moreton Show in 2012 and see who won the Dexter Champion cup that year? Apparently it has not been returned to the Show and therefore when we won Champion last Saturday there was not a cup to present. :(

Just a long shot , but if anyone has it still, can you bring it to Newbury Show if you are showing there this year? Thank you.

We had a lovely steward who was very helpful and it was a lovely sunny day, please do come along and support this show as we were the only exhibitors and I believe that there was only one exhibitor last year too. I realise that with the TB testing requirements for some of these shows that is makes it expensive for some Dexter owners to come along which I quite understand if you are only doing one or two shows per year.

Natasha
LISA

Re: Moreton In Marsh Show

Post by LISA »

Hello Natasha, congratulations on your win, very annoying regarding the cup. Have you checked the show results for that year? The Dexter office will have a copy if you do not.
We used to exhibit at Moreton many years ago and it was a wonderful show. Good luck with the cup search. (See you at Melton this Saturday?) Best Wishes Lisa.
Robert & Alison Kirk

Post by Robert & Alison Kirk »

Hi Natasha,

It was lovely to see the Dexters in the middle of the larger cattle during the 'parade' they're usually at the back like an after thought! Well done. We used to show at Moreton and there were up to 15 in the Dexter classes with exhibitors from a long way off. There were so may cattle in the grand parage they had to 'snake around the ring.

This year had it not been for the Herefords and their National Show numbers would been the lowest I've ever seen at the show. TB is partly to blame, but generally the number of cattle being farmed has decreased.

It may have been Graham Hunt who won the cup in 2012? Perhaps a quick phone call to him may be worth a try.

Best wishes
Alison Kirk
Boram Dexters
GEE TEE

Post by GEE TEE »

Hi Natasha, Breed Champion 2012 was Saltaire Apple shown by Graham Hunt
davidw

Post by davidw »

I had planned to show at Moreton this year, but withdrew because the bull I planned to show was sold at the end of August. I heard from the show organisers that at the entry closing date, he was the only Dexter entered.
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick