Open Day at Duffryn farm 26th September 1pm to 6pm

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
solburydexters

Re: Open Day at Duffryn farm 26th September 1pm to 6pm

Post by solburydexters »

Many thanks for a brilliant day(sunny) and a well organised event.
I am sure everyone enjoyed the Dexter burgers and sausages together with the Duffryn cakes.
My feeling is that many people who could have attended missed out things Dexter.
Thanks once again from both of us.
bjreroberts

Post by bjreroberts »

Glad it went well. Would have loved to have come, but knew work would takeover and it did.
Ben Roberts
Trehawben Herd
Bromsgrove
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Thank you so much to all those that came on the day and I apologise that it has taken me so long to do this! Here are a selection of the pics kindly taken by Rik, who didn't know a thing about cows but was wonderful!

Early arrivals came to the kitchen and enjoyed...I hope tea, a selection of home made cakes, photographs of a recent adult dehorning which I photographed and a there were photos of cattle at Woodmagic but mostly we talked!!! :)

Mike Sinnott, nearly out of camera shot and John O' Neill talk to our lovely then President Sue Rheam!

Pat and Pete, very nice people, very interested in Dexters and delighted my daughter with musical knowledge! Cannot remember their surnames and yes it is me in that rather loud boilersuit!

Chris Sparrow and Jo Kemp chatting about the pics in The Woodmagic Book whilst waiting for people to arrive.

A few of the cows with in the foreground 14 year old Woodmagic Murrelet on the left and Woodmagic Mallard 8th on the right

Gary Lewis my stockman plied the cows with suckler rolls whilst we assessed them! Duffryn Stonechat in the foreground.

Alan and Mary Carrington discuss the merits of Woodmagic Hedgehog 4th.

Duffryn Skylark left following Woodmagic Petrel with Duffryn Bevis going out of shot, Skirrid Mountain in the background.

Another pic of the above 3 animals this time eating some suckler rolls provided by Gary.

I was pleased that over 50 people came altogether throughout the day and even more pleased that folks spent as long as they did looking at the animals and asking questions...all my home made cakes were eaten! That was a good sign as well. The harp and Irish entertainment was much enjoyed, the last weary traveller left at 2.30 am...or should I say the last that didn't have a room for the night and the rest left the following afternoon. I couldn't have been more delighted!!!

So thank you everyone for making the day fabulous and VERY special thanks to Richard for taking these photographs, I would NOT have had the time to take any! It is well worth a look at his website http://www.rikart.co.uk/

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

It was nice of you to lay on Dexters for all the people who came for your cakes. :)
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

It was - wasn't it Rob...may I also say that Rik the photographer is planning to put some of the Open Day pics on his website in the next week or so, so it may be worth having a look at what he took in due course if you are interested. Mind he took about 200 and will only put up a small selection!

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/