AGM Late Notification

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Pennielea

AGM Late Notification

Post by Pennielea »

For the past couple of years all communications from "The Office" and in the Bulletin have contained threats of penalties for members who are late with Birth Notifications.

One rule contained in the Articles, which of course makes it compulsory, is contained in Notice of General Meetings Para 7 (1) below.

"7 (1) The minimum periods of notice required to hold a general meeting of the charity are:
• twenty-one clear days for an annual general meeting or a general meeting called for the passing of a special resolution;"

For the AGM of 10th October 2015 the Papers should have arrived with members on 19th September. My Papers arrived on Thursday 24th September which is 5 days late. Late delivery was not due to the Royal Mail as the envelope was franked 22.09.15 2nd Class. To arrive on time it would have needed to be posted on Thursday 17th September but the Chairman's letter which was enclosed was not even written until 18th September.

While this may seem trivial in modern times and I have not asked for an adjournment or postponement of the AGM, which I would be entitled to do, I wonder if The Office would be just as forgiving were the positions reversed.

Ian
Joan and Ian Simpson
Pennielea Farm
Glenavy
Co Antrim