DCS AGM postponed

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Duncan MacIntyre

DCS AGM postponed

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Several sources indicate that the DCS AGM has been postponed, and all members will be getting a letter shortly, but I really feel those who are coming a distance and have made plans and reservations, organised stock minders or even a vet practice locum in my case, should be informed as soon as possible by any means, with official letter to follow in due course.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Saffy

Re: DCS AGM postponed

Post by Saffy »

Is this correct?

I have arranged to come home from holiday a day early, which will affect everyone else I am going with who were also going to come home a day early!

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Duncan MacIntyre

One source says "I believe it to be a reliable source, text msg to me, via an email from a council member to him. Supposedly a letter on the way. "

Another has had an email from Mark Bowles indicating that the Linear Assessment demo and the AGM are postponed, the email was read to me over the phone.

I just do not think we should all have to wait for a letter - an official letter may well be required, but those who use modern electronic communication could be informed eg email, facebook, this board. The Dexter Cattle Society Council is in sad sad need of open-ness, honesty and respect for others.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Thanks Duncan...it will be nice to stay to the end of the week...at least now I can let the others know I can stay on holiday until Saturday.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Jac

Post by Jac »

Surely the first place for any announcement is the DCS web site and at the same time electronic communication and then normal post as it stands at present it is still scheduled. Considering people attending have to make arrangements because of looking after stock it is not an ideal situation for things to be postponed at the last minute. That said, as we hadn't received the paperwork I had a feeling that this was going to be the case. Hope that it will be rescheduled soon and not in the middle of bad weather as I understand it has to be before 15 months have elapsed since the last one.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

anyone at a loose end if the agm is postponed will be welcome at the rare breeds sale at York on the saturday
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

SteveM wrote:anyone at a loose end if the agm is postponed will be welcome at the rare breeds sale at York on the saturday
Indeed! And bring a trailer... :)
moomin

Post by moomin »

Please do not lay the blame for the postponement of the AGM directly on the council or the office.
I deduce from discussions I have had with Mr. Carrington, that the action he has taken is the causal agent of the postponement. Am I correct Alan?
I am not a member of council so do not have access to correspondence but I am very good at putting two and two together!
You told me there were discrepencies in the constitution and you had taken legal advice. I think you are correct in what you say but I cannot understand why you did not address these problems when you had the power to do so as Chairman of Council and apply a fix.
I know, and most members who attended last years AGM know, that the Articles and the Bye Laws contradict one another in some small way but there are easier ways to rectify them.
I do not understand your motives.
Please offer us some explanation so we may understand where you are coming from and what you hope to achieve for our breed.
From my perspective it seems as though you are trying to break our society.
I counted you as a friend and feel I have been badly let down.
I have been a member for 40 years and we have had our ups and downs but have always been able to solve things amicably in the end.
Di Smith
Jac

Post by Jac »

Mr Carrington does not appear to be able to log in to the discussion board and I understand that his computer is not at fault.

There have been one or two posts on here with privileged information as the AGM is still officially scheduled.

I am very disappointed that the AGM has been delayed (?) especially with all the work that was put in to get a resolution off the ground for the minutes to be re-instated. I am sure the majority of the membership are unaware of any issues (as they have been kept in the dark) and so cannot make a judgement. More open communication is the solution to all our problems.
Duncan MacIntyre

I did not start this thread with any view to apportioning blame, and to be honest an open to the world forum is perhaps not the best way for debates about the running of DCS, but despite having a website which could host a members only discussion area, and a facebook page which is used more or less only to give notice of shows, but never much else, I believed that the decision to postpone the AGM was one which it was important to convey as soon as possible to as many members as possible, so I posted on here and various other places.

I am fully aware that DCS will be obliged to notify all members in writing, but there should be no delay for several days while members are actively arranging to get to Stoneleigh on 7th and 8th October. I waited till I had information from more than one source to be sure that it was correct.

DCS is now in a very delicate state, and we must ensure that whilst having full and frank discussions about things we do not make matters worse. As many will know I resigned from Council not too long ago largely over issues about the way it was being run, and both Council members and Society members were being treated. Sadly I think matters have deteriorated since then, and everyone needs to take a long hard look at things and learn some lessons.

Although I have supported Alan in his proposal to have Council minutes available to members, I have not really fully understood what has gone on in relation to any other action and am making no judgement on that at this stage.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

For the first time in something like 17 years since I started this website, I have deleted a member from it, Mr Alan Carrington has been deleted and yes, I have told him.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Just in case the postal service is slower in other areas...I received my letter today saying that - The AGM won't be on the 8th October. I assume everyone has had one but...you never know...

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Mark Bowles wrote:For the first time in something like 17 years since I started this website, I have deleted a member from it, Mr Alan Carrington has been deleted and yes, I have told him.
For what reason?
Jac

Post by Jac »

Saffy wrote:Just in case the postal service is slower in other areas...I received my letter today saying that - The AGM won't be on the 8th October. I assume everyone has had one but...you never know...

Stephanie
Yes, mine has just arrived.
Pennielea

Post by Pennielea »

Amazing that this subject has had so little interest or are we frightened of how we will be dealt with?

Two letters from Council with no reason or proper explanation given for cancellation.

The Directors Report and Accounts for 2015 are published on Companies House website if anyone is interested. They should of course have been sent to members first. There have been several opportunities to include in a mailing as they were approved on 6th July.

Point of interest is the amount spent on legal fees for no apparent result and the profit made on linear classification.

Ian
Joan and Ian Simpson
Pennielea Farm
Glenavy
Co Antrim