Goodbye and thank you

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
bjreroberts

Goodbye and thank you

Post by bjreroberts »

With much sadness I disposed of my small herd last month. In recent years I had not registered them with DCS so all went off on the lorry for meat.

On the whole I thoroughly enjoyed 10 years of keeping Dexters, but in recent years I have not had the time required to put into meat sales, so they had just become an expensive hobby. This combined with out wintering in 3 years of mild, wet winters all contributed to the decision.

I learnt a lot from this forum and in the early years it was a great source of advice and comfort. Thank you to everyone on here for past their support.
Ben Roberts
Trehawben Herd
Bromsgrove
Saffy

Re: Goodbye and thank you

Post by Saffy »

I am sure you will look back on your times of Dexter keeping with warmth and fondness but stock keeping does have its difficulties as well as its triumphs. You kept them for 10 years which I am told is well above the average length of time so - well done and good luck with whatever you are replacing them with as a hobby !!!
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Re: Goodbye and thank you

Post by Mark Bowles »

Many thanks for your input over the years, people putting post on here keeps it alive. I am pleased you got help from the website, somewhere on here there is an answer to most dexter questions.
All the best
Mark
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster