DCS AGM Oct 14th 2017

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Duncan MacIntyre

DCS AGM Oct 14th 2017

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Hello All,

as everyone heads to the AGM, can I ask everyone to take a very calm and careful look at all the issues that may be raised tomorrow. In particular there being no financial report for us to view, I think that a few more details regarding this are bound to be discussed. It is my understanding that a financial audit for the year 2016 is being put in place, backed by Council. In this regard it is worth noting that our Chairman Mike Frazer is a senior figure in a firm of accountants of international standing, and because of his professional reputation we should pay serious attention to anything he has to say in relation to DCS affairs.

A few years ago I left council because I felt it was not being run in an open and honest way, and I just could not take any more. Four others followed me, and not a word was said. Despite the fact that several members have since said to me that they now realise that I was right, the manipulation of rules, regulations and truth has continued. We may now be at a stage where this can change. It is now time to make that change, get our society run on an open and decent way and our breed can continue its growth which has been truly remarkable over the last 30 years.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Louisa Gidney

Re: DCS AGM Oct 14th 2017

Post by Louisa Gidney »

I'm amazed that no-one on here has commented on the astonishing letter received this week, detailing the financial mismanagement of the outgoing secretary and treasurer. Mike Frazer and Carol Neilson deserve congratulations for tackling this unpleasant mess.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Jac

Post by Jac »

Unfortunately, there appear to be quite enough comments on the alternative Dexter Cattle facebook page
jems5

Post by jems5 »

Do not forget two sides too every story.
Jac

Post by Jac »

I think there are three.
Duncan MacIntyre

There is a new closed group page on facebook, The Dexter Cattle Society which will allow DCS members to have discussions in a civil and non abusive manner without being open to the world. It is not intended to replace Mark' discussion board. It has only been there about 3 days and we have 60 members. It will be moderated and any inappropriate posts removed. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1754760537920425/

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Given the ongoing revelations about the misuse of data, I'm rather glad that I've never engaged with Facebook.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Jac

Post by Jac »

I am sure you are not alone. I had rather hoped that a password protected discussion board would be set up accessed from the member's area of the DCS website.
Duncan MacIntyre

I am quite hopeful that after the current crisis is over there will be a lot of change with regard to communication within DCS and that a discussion board within the DCS website is likely to be on of the improvements. In the meantime the new The Dexter Cattle Society facebook page gives us a place to have discussions between members. Misuse of data by facebook is very topical at the moment but the number of places our data is used these days is huge, facebook is only one of them. Personally I am not unduly afraid of it, I know that facebook controls what adverts I see on facebook and what posts are automatically flagged up to me, any data is probably available in multiple other places anyway. As far as nasty and abusive posts go, if any are posted on the new facebook page they will be deleted, the poster warned, and the poster blocked from the page if there is a repeat.

The facebook page is free and quick to set up, changes to the website much more complicated.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1754760537920425/

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Jac

Post by Jac »

Louisa Gidney wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm I'm amazed that no-one on here has commented on the astonishing letter received this week, detailing the financial mismanagement of the outgoing secretary and treasurer. Mike Frazer and Carol Neilson deserve congratulations for tackling this unpleasant mess.
For those interested in Council matters, some Minutes have been provided in the member's area (Council Matters) that may be helpful for background reading in conjunction with the 'astonishing' letter. There is a private area for members that Duncan has put together on Facebook.