Interesting stats.

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Jac

Re: Interesting stats.

Post by Jac »

Pilot Area (s). Set the ground rules, auto-enrol (with opt out facility) members in the Area (no fees), give them a budget, let them organise their own shows and promotional activities with incentives to encourage more folk to join the Society? Maybe set up an Area beef scheme to help newbies? Trial election to see how many vote?

Let go. What is there to lose? The plug can always be pulled if it doesn't work out.
moomin

Post by moomin »

I am in favour of regional representation where the regional representatives are trustees and directors.
Read the discussion paper very carefully, this is not actually what is proposed.
This paper is diverting your attention from some very important issues.
Do a Companies House search and a Charity Commission search for Dexter Cattle Society.
At this time our accounts are overdue, and the society will be fined by Companies House for such. That is your money!
We could even lose our Charity status, which we have had for over 100 years, if it goes on much longer.
A lot of your money has been spent on an independent review already and more is being spent on an audit.
The most expensive accountants were chosen on the advice of the Chairman of Council.
Despite the statement inferred in the bulletin, and as far as I am aware, these accountants are only employed to do the accounts for one other cattle society, the Simmentals.
Ask yourselves why three long standing members, myself, Fiona Miles and Felicity Thomson have resigned as trustees?
It was reported at the AGM that our secretary had had to instigate a grievance procedure. Why?
I was 9 months on council and hardly anything was done for the breed.
I would publish my resignation letter here but I have too much respect for Mark to do so.
Any member who wants it, it is addressed to you as members, telephone or send me an email via this website.
Di
Jac

Post by Jac »

moomin wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 am I am in favour of regional representation where the regional representatives are trustees and directors.
Read the discussion paper very carefully, this is not actually what is proposed.
This paper is diverting your attention from some very important issues.
Do a Companies House search and a Charity Commission search for Dexter Cattle Society.
At this time our accounts are overdue, and the society will be fined by Companies House for such. That is your money!
We could even lose our Charity status, which we have had for over 100 years, if it goes on much longer.
A lot of your money has been spent on an independent review already and more is being spent on an audit.
The most expensive accountants were chosen on the advice of the Chairman of Council.
Despite the statement inferred in the bulletin, and as far as I am aware, these accountants are only employed to do the accounts for one other cattle society, the Simmentals.
Ask yourselves why three long standing members, myself, Fiona Miles and Felicity Thomson have resigned as trustees?
It was reported at the AGM that our secretary had had to instigate a grievance procedure. Why?
I was 9 months on council and hardly anything was done for the breed.
I would publish my resignation letter here but I have too much respect for Mark to do so.
Any member who wants it, it is addressed to you as members, telephone or send me an email via this website.
Di
It was also implied that it was unrealistic to expect Council to do anything other than the very basic tasks of running an organisation, i.e making sure that they are abiding by company law and regulations, overseeing accounting procedures, making sure that employees are operating efficiently etc. I think this is what frustrates the majority of the membership when nothing appears to be happening. My own personal view is that we are not running Unicef - we have gone from one extreme to the other. There has been a lot of funds spent on legal advice and unfortunately, now accountancy expenses to add to this. I feel very sorry that relations have deteriorated to such an extent but it is very difficult to comment because the membership are the last to know what is happening at Council level.

As for the accounts, you cannot expect Trustees to agree to them if they are not correct however it does seems to be taking a very long time to sort out one years' accounts. I am sure members are eagerly awaiting the outcome of these unfortunate (and expensive) audits.