TB Nightmare

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Jac

TB Nightmare

Post by Jac »

Having joined the bTB scheme some while back I was somewhat alarmed to receive notification that SAC was only able to accredit me with 3 years TB free status. According to the APHA who store the TB records, the herd had only been in existence for that period of time (I needed 10 years + to be classified as low risk). I was absolutely :evil: as we have never had a case of TB or even an inconclusive since the herd was founded 17 years ago. Our vet does not retain the TB history over the required length of time so no way to prove otherwise.

After a degree of 'foot stamping' my records have mysteriously appeared. You just couldn't make it up - for some unknown reason the Welsh APHA had allocated me two different CPHH numbers with no link between them when they went over to a new computer system. I am really glad that matters have been resolved as this scheme was supposed to be of help when selling stock not a hindrance.
Saffy

Re: TB Nightmare

Post by Saffy »

Good for you!

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Jac

Re: TB Nightmare

Post by Jac »

I think there is more that needs 'ironing out' with this scheme
a) there appears to be no way of differentiating between a 'breakdown' and the length of time the herd was founded (if under 10 years).
b) what happens when you move house start again from score 0?

On the plus side, in Wales a Post Movement Test will not be needed for animals moving into the Low TB Area if they come from herds that have achieved a score of Level 10.

You can learn more about the scheme here http://www.checs.co.uk/bovine-tb-herd-accreditation/