Secretary???

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Tim Watson

Secretary???

Post by Tim Watson »

I had a call this morning to say that there is a rumour that the Secretary has been fired or made redundant. Not sure which as there’s a difference.
Anyone know anything?
Tim
ann

Re: Secretary???

Post by ann »

lets hope your info is incorrect
Jac

Post by Jac »

Tim Watson wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:25 am I had a call this morning to say that there is a rumour that the Secretary has been fired or made redundant. Not sure which as there’s a difference.
Anyone know anything?
I have no idea but changes to Secretary have to be registered with Companies House within 14 days. I do note that the accounts have still not been updated on Companies House web site.
Jac

Post by Jac »

FYI update in the member's area on the DCS web site.
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Interesting, if this is correct, I do hope someone temporary is being sought as the other lady we have is very good but must be working very hard to keep up, as she is only part time.
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
moomin

Post by moomin »

Well Jaqui, the statement on the DCS website, with the inferences in it, is going to cost the members a lot of money I fear.

I question whether the present trustees are spending society funds wisely?
[It is a very interesting and revealing exercise to look up other companies that trustees have been involved in, on the Companies House website.]

I asked for my letter of resignation, which is addressed to you as members, and which I tried to read out at the AGM when I was very rudely shouted down, to be included in the AGM minutes : so far it has not been.
[Sorry Mark I did say I would not publish here out of respect for you, but I think I need to put just one very relevant extract from it on here now].

Dated 14/10/2017.
"I am resigning as a director/trustee of the Dexter Cattle Society forthwith.
I will not be a party any longer to the bullying and harassment of any person, whether an employee or a trustee, which I have witnessed since I have been serving as a member of the Dexter Cattle Society council."

Read into that what you will and remember I was not the only trustee to resign!

This whole business smacks of 2007. I expect some of you may remember that time when our then breed secretary, Yvonne Froelich, was treated so badly she resigned. I have a copy of her resignation letter. Here are some extracts from it.

" No words will ever describe the hurt I am feeling"

"Possibly members of the Society will question why another breed secretary has bitten the dust" [Yes there were more before!]

Unfortunately some of the accusations made against me over the last few weeks have been too much to bear. Allegedly I am rude, unprofessional and untruthful. I have had my integrity questioned over a ballot result and I have been told that I am viewed in a bad light by the council"

"I have no objection to this letter being published".

History repeating itself?

I will send a full copy of Yvonne's resignation to anybody who wants it. It makes interesting reading!

What is happening to our breed? We should all be very concerned for the welfare of our wonderful breed, our society that is supposed to care for it and for our breed secretary.

Di
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Much as I have spoken out for a more open and accountable Society, I think that we need to respect the need for all involved in the present situation to have matters resolved fairly. When resolution of any situation is taking place we must allow that to take place in a fair and confidential manner until those involved are in a position to say more.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

I totally agree with you Duncan and apologise if anyone feels that my post overstepped the mark but there must be a great deal of work in the office for a part timer.
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Jac

Post by Jac »

It is very sad to see the current upset within our Society and the distress it is causing long standing members regardless of the rights and the wrongs of the situation we now find ourselves in. I have been keeping an eye on the Companies House web site for the filing of the accounts and it is posted on there that they will be published within 5 days. Upon checking the member's area on the DCS web site there is now a statement and accounting info for those who take an interest in these things.
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

I will just repeat my last post on this thread

"Much as I have spoken out for a more open and accountable Society, I think that we need to respect the need for all involved in the present situation to have matters resolved fairly. When resolution of any situation is taking place we must allow that to take place in a fair and confidential manner until those involved are in a position to say more. "

All members should keep calm and not be swayed by unsubstantiated innuendo.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
RobBen

Post by RobBen »

This all seems so upsetting for everyone. Ben & Myself have applied to be members of the DCS we do hope that it will be a good experience for us. The cattle do seem so nice anyway!
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Di, very sorry but I removed a line from your post, you will know which line it was. You can have your say as you have but please be careful what you say on a public forum.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Hello Di, Yes Caroline is very good isn't she.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

This problem is nothing new and both the breed and the society have survived such upheavals several times while I've been a member. I'm surprised Di hasn't mentioned David Key's retiring peroration at an AGM back in the 1980's, when he roundly condemned the entire council of the time. Many of those people are now dead or no longer active in the breed but some are still respected elders.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Jac

Post by Jac »

Louisa Gidney wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:39 am This problem is nothing new and both the breed and the society have survived such upheavals several times while I've been a member. I'm surprised Di hasn't mentioned David Key's retiring peroration at an AGM back in the 1980's, when he roundly condemned the entire council of the time. Many of those people are now dead or no longer active in the breed but some are still respected elders.
Whatever the outcome from this latest upset perhaps it is time to learn from our mistakes. This cannot happen without a proper inquiry (without 'gagging clauses' and expensive lawyers) while those that remember the incidents are still alive (or belong to the Society) to put their point of view across or be answerable (whichever is the case) and measures put in place to prevent these upheavals from happening again. The breed is suffering from this repeated fighting and bickering.