Gaveston herd linear assessment

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
davidw

Gaveston herd linear assessment

Post by davidw »

After years of making excuses, I had my cattle assessed today. I found it a very interesting and enjoyable experience. Having pretty decent weather certainly helped the process.

I put forward 7 cows, of which one was not assessed as she was over-height. This was not unexpected as I sold one of her calves for beef last week and he weighed out at almost 130 kgs per side.

Of the ones that were assessed, I need to compliment Sally Poole on her stock judging skills as she once described my Gaveston Dewdrop as a "proper Dexter". The assessor obviously agrees with Sally as Dewdrop achieved EX90. Her half sister, Gaveston Coco also achieved EX90, and was not even downgraded for being the noisiest Dexter on the planet!!

My sole shorty, Gaveston Louisa, who makes up in attitude for her lack of height scored VG88 as did Gaveston Rainbow. Coco's calf Ruby and my first time calver Aurora both scored VG 85.

So an all round good day
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick
Saffy

Re: Gaveston herd linear assessment

Post by Saffy »

Wow...MANY congratulations!!! You have a lovely herd.

Stephanie

P.S. Can we have some photographs?
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Well done!

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Well done David, seems you have been quietly building a nice little herd. Spread the word on Linear.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster