TB Testing Dates

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Saffy

TB Testing Dates

Post by Saffy »

Has anyone else ever asked for a change to a TB Test date?

They are not very helpful.

So you have to ask Animal Health.....I looked up the number and rang the first number that came up - turned out to be a dog kennels :? ....the next told me they were the wrong Animal Health... the next ones told me it had to be done by email, couldn't be done by phone and gave me a very long email address...so I emailed it to them....

Now we are doing our test this week I am not asking for this one to be changed. I am asking for it to be changed - next time. Because at the moment in winter the herd is in 7 batches which it fiddly and if it is done April/May or September/October, instead of Feb/ March they will be in just 2 batches. easier for us and the vet!!!

So...they rang me to say no! Because I don't have extenuating circumstances.....so I have asked THEM to put their reply in an email for me please.....

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Jac

Re: TB Testing Dates

Post by Jac »

Yes, I have moved mine. They used to allow you to move the date of your whole herd test forwards but not backwards but there was not a lot of wriggle room - I think it was 1 or 2 months. This was some time ago now so I don't know whether they have stopped it.
ann

Post by ann »

I think some areas are more helpful than others, ours seems to be ok if you want to bring it forward, but will put a restriction on you if you go over the due date until you have your test, but we are in a 4yr testing area so maybe that helps
bjreroberts

Post by bjreroberts »

I had the same problem, no success in doing it officially and just went overdue. Easily done as I wasn't selling anything and didn't claim any SFP
Ben Roberts
Trehawben Herd
Bromsgrove
Jac

Post by Jac »

bjreroberts wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:05 pm I had the same problem, no success in doing it officially and just went overdue. Easily done as I wasn't selling anything and didn't claim any SFP
If you do that - be on lock down for a few months do they not just revert back to your original overdue date next time or from the date the herd was actually last tested? I really could do with moving mine to March/April time.
bjreroberts

Post by bjreroberts »

Mine got moved, wanted it in summer so I could do it in daylight after work. Important the you are not claiming SFP otherwise you will be fined.
Ben Roberts
Trehawben Herd
Bromsgrove
Jac

Post by Jac »

No not claiming SFP.