Youngstock/steers wanted

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Rob R

Youngstock/steers wanted

Post by Rob R »

After a bad calving in 2017/18 I need a few more young steers/heifers to run on for beef - if you have anything that needs moving quickly and paying for slowly, let me know.
Louisa Gidney

Re: Youngstock/steers wanted

Post by Louisa Gidney »

I have a steer you could have. Red, non-short, born early Sept 2017. He was intended for beef next autumn but I've just had 2 bull calves born and I'll need to cut down on numbers before winter. No rush to move him.
I've also had a run of heifers but you've already got some full sisters to them.

If anyone else might be interested, all January 2018 born and registered:
AppleyDappley black non short
Mickle black short, unfortunately has a small white scar on back leg where she cut herself
Lucilla red non short
Halite red non short
Born Aug 2017 Balvenie red non short
3 year old black heifer Katerina, mother of steer above, well trained show animal normally 2nd prize
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Thinking about the whole cash/beef conundrum - I'd be willing to take weaned calves and return their value in beef ready butchered, packed and labelled for the freezer - take the hassle of finishing and butchering out of it, if anyone was interested?
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

What a fantastic idea!!!
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/