Carlisle Sale

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Louisa Gidney

Carlisle Sale

Post by Louisa Gidney »

I'm entering four heifers
Zanfara Katerina, black, short leg, born 2015, 1st calf Sept 2017, run with red non short bull Rosewood Glenkinchie May-June and mid Aug to sale 2018. Shown regularly, Reserve Champion Aldborough & Boroughbridge show 2018.
Zanfara Balvenie, red, non-short, born Aug 2017, 2nd Aldborough & Boroughbridge show 2018
Zanfara Appley Dappley, black, non short, born Jan 2018, 2nd Thornton le Dale show
Zanfara Lucilla, red, non-short, born Jan 2018, 3rd Cumberland County show, 3rd Wensleydale show (Any Other Native Breed)
Last edited by Louisa Gidney on Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
SteveM

Re: Carlisle Sale

Post by SteveM »

We have our short legged bull entered.

Humberdale Padison, born January 2012. He is the last registered son of Knightsway Paddy and was bred by Lisa Bell from whom we bought his incalf mother in 2011.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

I have to say that Padison's calves don't half mature early & well - we've had a few through now and they're like little barrels.
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Dear all

Just a reminder that the Annual Show and Sale of Dexter Cattle will be held on Saturday 22nd September at H&H Borderway Auction Mart, Carlisle, CA1 2RS

There are 45 Dexter entries this year, including; 7 bulls, 12 cows and 26 heifers.

Entries for the show must be haltered and shown in the ring (except class 4). All classes are eligible for prize money:

1. Cow registered in calf or in milk.

2. Heifer, registered maiden, in-calf or with first calf at foot – this class may be split.

3. Bull, registered any age.

4. Best pen of registered unhaltered Dexters.

If you are planning on showing your Dexter/s it would be helpful if you would email me with details in advance, but entries can still be made on the day.

Finally, as usual, we will meet for a pre-sale dinner on Friday 21st September, 7pm at the Auctioneer restaurant (next to the mart). The side room to the restaurant is booked for 7pm. All are welcome to attend, but please email me to confirm if you intend to join us, as I will need to pass on numbers and names to another group member (I will be attending the Shetland Sheep AGM upstairs that evening!). The meal is a chance to have a good catch up, relax a little and buy some raffle tickets, which will also be sold on Saturday at the Dexter stand.

Border Dexter Group members will be on hand on Saturday to offer assistance should it be required – you’ll find them either at the Dexter stand or look out for the coloured badges.

Best wishes for another successful show/sale.

Lisa Heathcote – Bankend Dexters
On Behalf of the Border Dexter Group
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
ann

Post by ann »

Hi Duncan are the cattle judged on friday or sat morning ?
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

When and where can I find the catalogue?.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Carlisle sale catalogue will appear at https://harrisonandhetherington.co.uk/sale-catalogues/ nearer time of sale. Judging usually on Saturday morning.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

just a warning to anyone travelling to Carlisle that the A66 is closed from 10pm Friday till 3am Monday at Kirkby thorne for roadworks, looking at google maps there may be local diversions around the villages but highways England are recommending the A69 or M62 to get across from east to west
Holderness
East Yorkshire
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

catalogue now available from the link posted above by Mark
Holderness
East Yorkshire
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

There seem to have been a lot of late entries since Duncan's post above as the paper catalogue lists 20 cows, 35 heifers, 10 bulls, 8 unreg males/steers and 30 unreg pure bred steers & heifers.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

100 or so entries, that's a lot
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster