Proxy Voting.

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
moomin

Proxy Voting.

Post by moomin »

There seems to be some confusion re. proxy voting for the AGM so I am posting an explanation.

It is important to distinguish between "postal" and "proxy" voting. The form members have received from the DCS is for you to appoint a proxy, it is not a postal voting form! I think that is where members are confused.

Refer to the Companies Act 324 - rights to appoint proxies [1], available on line.

Your proxy is acting as though they were you. They may attend the AGM, speak and vote on your behalf. The person you appoint does not have to be a member of the DCS, it can be anyone over the age of 18. If not a member they must carry some ID.

On the proxy voting form you must fill in the name and address of your proxy at the top. At the bottom sign, date and put your membership number in the spaces provided.

You do not have to cast your "vote" at this point.

You then send your form in to the address on the form, which is the address of the company secretary, to reach there by the date specified, before 12 noon on Thursday 11th October 2018.

You will now have appointed your proxy.

Your proxy"vote" does not have to be with the scrutineer by Thursday 11th. October, as inferred on the form, but you must appoint a proxy by this date.

Take a copy of your form and send it to your proxy. You may wish to fill in some or all of the boxes to instruct your proxy how to vote on your behalf or you can leave the form blank so that your proxy can listen to any discussion and then vote for you.

I reiterate, this is not a postal vote, you do not have to complete the "my resolution choices with an X" as it states in options para 3, when you send your form in to the scrutineer!

Where the Proxy voting form says :- "failing him/her, the chair of the council" , it is incorrect. There should be a space here for you to appoint another person, which could be the chair, to act as your proxy.

Hope this makes things clearer. If not phone me and I will try to answer any questions.

Di
natmadaboutdexters

Re: Proxy Voting.

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Why can't we vote by post?
Jac

Post by Jac »

Perhaps you should contact the office for advice? In the event that the office confirm that there is no postal vote, since I am going to the AGM if you (or any other member) have need of a proxy I am willing do so but I would prefer that you make your own decisions on the voting paper but as per Di's post it is not essential and I will do my best to ensure that your vote is counted.
moomin

Post by moomin »

You can post your proxy form if you so wish. but it will not be a postal vote. If you do that you will not be able to make any decisions after hearing discussions. Your proxy will listen to discussions and then vote on your behalf. For instance nobody can vote to adopt the 2017 accounts, we haven't seen them yet, unless we get them before the AGM.