AGM 2018

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Duncan MacIntyre

AGM 2018

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

As the AGM approaches it can be very difficult to know how to view a lot of different matters of concern. Sometimes it helps to look broadly at things rather than focusing on fine detail – where have we come from in the last year, and where do we want to be next year.
Without going into great detail I think it is beyond dispute that we have come through a period of significant maladministration, with bank accounts and book keeping having much to be desired and to some extent used to move losses from one year into the next year.
We have seen some individuals, possibly due to a sense of loyalty to those involved in this situation, run campaigns against our current council as they try to get the Society finances and administration back on track. With many thousands being drained from the reserves in recent years significant changes were necessary to keep costs within limits and to ensure that the previous situation cannot occur again. No one likes change, but if we expect the Dexter Cattle Society to be alive and well in 10 years’ time change was essential.
Whilst I do not necessarily agree with every action our current council has taken, nor every view they hold, I do believe that they have put heart and soul into saving our DCS in recent months, often under a barrage of misplaced criticism from those few individuals who seem blind to the damage done in the last few years. One area in which I would be critical of our current council is communication. I think most members of our council have found this very difficult, in part due to the legal aspects of some of the problems, but it is my earnest hope that a good level of support at the AGM will help them to be more comfortable about all methods of communication with members.
The near future will pose many external changes on DCS, please help ensure that we have a breed society with a sound structure and solid support to guide us through.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute