Michael Neilson

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Duncan MacIntyre

Michael Neilson

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Sadly I have to report that Michael Neilson of Windyknowe Dexters, passed away on Tuesday. Many of us knew that Michael had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer some time ago, and that he bore the illness with great dignity, undergoing an arduous course of chemotherapy which we all hoped had been successful. Sadly this was not the case, and a second course of treatment was underway. Michael worked hard not only for the Windyknowe herd, but for the whole Dexter breed, often behind the scenes and sometimes unrecognised. Our thoughts are with Carol and the family at this difficult time.
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Louisa Gidney

Re: Michael Neilson

Post by Louisa Gidney »

This is very sad news indeed, he did seem much better at Carlisle Sale & the AGM. Michael will be sorely missed at the NW shows & sale. Always good to chat to and amenable to "just holding a piece of string" aka leading a heifer in the show ring for me. As Duncan says, he & Carol did much unsung work behind the scenes for DCS.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Jac

Post by Jac »

Yes, I too was surprised to hear the news as he seemed to be much better when I saw him last. My thoughts go out to Carol and family at this difficult time.
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

I can now add that Michael’s funeral will take place at 3pm on Thursday 14th February at Roucan Loch Crematorium, Roucan Road, Collin, Dumfries. DG1 4JF

Family flowers only, donations yet to be decided.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Michael was someone who always had the breed at heart and something to say, condolences to Carol and the family.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster