Bull registration

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Louisa Gidney

Bull registration

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Currently in the process of registering a young bull. Received forms & sample bags & an addressed envelope to post these direct to the lab in the Netherlands. The covering letter recommended sending this Recorded Delivery. Duly requested this at the Post Office and was somewhat taken aback to find that this costs an extra £6.50! I paid since I'd asked for it but do other people think this is a really necessary precaution?
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
SteveM

Re: Bull registration

Post by SteveM »

Have one to register ourselves, will price up alternative couriers to see how they compare price wise.

Will check we have the latest paperwork as we have had it a few months.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Currently waiting for a response from the office as the paperwork I have was issued last September and was for return to the office.

My question is how soon do the samples need to be sent off, have a cow we need to sample who will hopefully be going out for summer this weekend, can I take samples and keep till I get the latest paperwork to send them off.

if so should I keep them once bagged in the fridge, of just in a cool dark place.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Veronica Schofield is in DCS office on Tuesdays & deals with mundane jobs like sending out sample bags. Try contacting her directly for advice.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Well, I've answered my own question. I still haven't received the pedigree certificate for my bull. So, I contacted the office, who contacted the lab in the Netherlands, who say they have never received the samples. Since the samples were sent tracked & signed for, there is proof on Royal Mail website that the package was delivered on Feb 18th at 11.46am. I am not impressed and more than a bit cheesed off.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham