Is it the end?

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Boofarm

Re: Is it the end?

Post by Boofarm »

I would very much hope that you would keep the discussion board - facebook is all well and good but this forum has its strengths as well
I used to be a farmer but I don't owe anybody anything now - Henry Brewis
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

I very much agree, this board is a valuable archive of years of discussions, quite easy to search back and view older topics, facebook is very much now you see it now you dont sort of thing. Lots of Dexter folk world wide use this board and quote conversations on it from years back. Is it a costly thing to run Mark? Both time and money it could be quite a drain, but it would be a shame to lose it all.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Yes Duncan it does cost money, I get a small amount of help from the cattle sales donations. Thank you to all that have contributed something towards their sales. As people have said, its years of questions and answers, unlike facebook that seems very much in the moment with throw away comments.I think I will give it a bit longer and see what happens.
Thanks for all the comments.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Mark - with Facebook currently removing posts that contain anything relating to the sale of animals, I honestly believe we will be needing your discussion board and the Cattle For Sale option that goes with it even more soon and not less. I have always found this to be a good place to advertise. Hang in there please!!!

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

I'm very much in the 'keep it' camp - Facebook is awful for livestock sales & discussion. If cost was an issue I'd happily contribute.
Jac

Post by Jac »

Just a line to thank Mark and attest the benefits of his livestock sales page. Deposit taken on a bull after just a couple days on the site.
ann

Post by ann »

Hi Mark, do you have a paypal account I'm sure most of us would be happy to make a donation to keep this board going so that you are not out of pocket.
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Nice idea Ann, thank you, but there is no need to go that far.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
LISA

Post by LISA »

I read on a farming forum yesterday that PETA now owns a large share of Facebook and that As such any animal breed groups will likely be shut down as they could be encouraging unnecessary breeding of the animals. I do not know if those things are true, apparently a horse group on Facebook with 10k members simply disappeared off Facebook (again don’t know if true). The world is becoming rapidly crazy! If that were to happen other means of contact would be needed more than ever.

I think it would be a shame if this site were to close, over the years I have found it invaluable for selling and advertising stock, buying stock and sharing thoughts and advice. I am very grateful to you and your family Mark for all those years of “online service” you have provided. Kind Regards Lisa Bell.
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

I run a facebook group for pedigree Dexter sales and had to change it to selling pedigree certificates when facebook changed but even now some ads get taken down automatically if you're not careful with the wording. It's ridiculous.
Jac

Post by Jac »

Many thanks to Mark for this site, another cow rehomed.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I prefer this site to the facebook pages. Facebook allows replies to individual replies, so the flow can be split and difficult to follow.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire