Proxy voting

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
moomin

Proxy voting

Post by moomin »

There seems to be some confusion about proxy voting. The form you have received from the DCS is NOT a postal voting form, it is a form for appointing a proxy. A proxy is a person appointed to act, vote and speak on your behalf as if they were you. Your proxy does not have to be a member of the DCS it can be anybody you appoint.You may instruct that person how you would like them to vote or you may wish to let them hear any discussion about a topic and then vote accordingly. On the form you have received you must appoint your proxy before the meeting by filling in their name and address and signing the form. You then send it to the address given on the form, in this case the Dexter office. You do NOT have to fill in the squares for voting at this point. You leave those blank for your proxy to fill in under your instructions. [Last year a lot of forms didn't get there in time. the closing time was twelve midday and Andy Ryder's post does not arrive until about 12.30 so please make sure you are not last minute. I see the time is ten o'clock this year so it is even more important that you send early!]
A photocopy of your form is then sent to your proxy instructing them how you would like them to vote. You can also instruct your proxy to speak on your behalf about anything you wish to comment on and to bring up any questions you may like discussed in any other business. Christine Compton of Dever Dexters is willing to act as proxy for anybody who would like her to. Her address is in the Herd Book or message me on Facebook and I will give it to you. Please use your vote, it is your society and you should have some say in it.
I am sorry I cannot offer to be a proxy this year as I am not sure yet whether I can make it. Would love to meet my Irish friends if I can get there.
Di
Jac

Re: Proxy voting

Post by Jac »

Thank you for that summary Di. I would just like to point out at the meeting that took place prior to the last agm (when many were at the Bath and West), nominated proxies were not permitted to speak on behalf of their proxy if they were representing more than one person.
moomin

Post by moomin »

I don't think that is actually legal! Thanks anyway Jac.
Jac

Post by Jac »

That I don’t know. References appear to refer to the singular - a proxy, a member.
Jac

Post by Jac »

Very interesting document online - search “The law of difficult meetings Slaughter and May
moomin

Post by moomin »

If you are going to use your proxy vote it needs to be with the secretary by this Wednesday. Thursday will be too late as Andy's post does not get there until after 12 o'clock so will not get there before 10.30 on Thursday!
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

This thread was a timely reminder to vote. Are the results known yet? I think it was revised point 1.6 that seemed like a particularly good idea.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Jac

Post by Jac »

I think they all went through although nothing from official sources.