Dexter Statistics.

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
moomin

Dexter Statistics.

Post by moomin »

Ted Neal has asked me to post this as he doesn't seem able to post on here.

In simple words:-
Up until 2014 the Dexter Cattle Society was making a profit. There was a reported loss according to Companies house in 2015 of £6,571.00.
In the three years 2016 to 2018 the DCS has lost a staggering £89,000.00!!!
The 2019 figures look to continue this unsustainable loss situation. We have trade debtors of £50,503.00 which are not explained in the accounts.
In the DCS accounts Trade Debtors are described as "Trade debtors are amounts due from customers for merchandise sold or services performed in the ordinary course of business"
The UK number of breeding herds has fallen from 624 in 2015 to 536 in 2018.
According to BCMS [excludes Northern Ireland] as at December 2018 there was a total of 18,722 Dexter females alive in Great Britain. Working on a rough guide of two thirds being of breeding age this gives a total of 12,480.
Based on DCS statistics the Farm Animal Genetic Resources Committee, FAnGR , show a Dexter female breeding population of 6,746.
This gives an unregistered female breeding population of at least 5,734!
We are losing bloodlines and genetic diversity and also much needed Society income.
jems5

Re: Dexter Statistics.

Post by jems5 »

shows how much we need this discussion board .Were else can this be posted for dexters members to see certainly not on the two Dexter facebook pages
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

I am not an account person, I find it difficult to dissect the ins and outs of accounts. If Teds summary is correct then it is very concerning and a full explanation should really be forthcoming from the DCS.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Jac

Post by Jac »

I don’t think there is a problem with genuine discussion on the Facebook page that Duncan set up he just doesn’t want abusive posts.
moomin

Post by moomin »

Sorry made a slight mistake with copying Ted's script.
The loss figure of £89.000.00 should read £89,773.00. Sorry Ted.
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Selective quotes from a set of accounts is totally meaningless. DCS finances are without a shadow of doubt in an improving situation after a period of maladministration. That time is over.. lets get on with the future. Anyone who was seriously in doubt should have either attended the AGM and heard the full explanation or have submitted a written question - the accounts have been available for some time. No need whatsovever for this sensational posting of selected figures in a meaningless form on here. Everyone please note that this post is just a disruptive sideline, DCS is in recovery mode.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
jems5

Post by jems5 »

has anyone got the latest accounts for those of us who did not go to see please
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

The accounts are downloadable from the DCS website. This post is a disgraceful misrepresentation of the real situation. The true figures also need to be read in the knowledge of how they are compiled and exceptional events such as the legal fees incurred because of the actions of a very small number of members. The trade debtors figure was explained at the agm and is largely due to inclusion of membership subs due but not paid at the year end. some members of DCS seem intent on causing disruption or worse and have been doing such things for over a decade. Very damaging to the reputation of the Society and high time it was stopped. I cannot understand why so many are so keen to defend or support these people.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
car

Post by car »

Well said Duncun. On one hand members wish the society and breed promotion to move forward, but on the other side there is a fraction who seem to want to dig up trouble. This is not helping to,recruit members or keep long standing ones. This not helping to make showing our lovely breed off at the shows. The general public do not want to see or hear members fighting,and being disrespectful to the society.

This is my first plea as the new president of the Dexter cattle society.

Please please, can we stop all the silliness, come together,and be a happy friendly society.
Be proud of all the things that the society has achieved over the years, many of which were leading the way for other societies. Our little black cows and the members who keep them are very special.

Carolann Raybould
President

PS I am always available for you to text,phone or e mail should you wish me to help with anything at all.