Life and Times of Dexters signed by author

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Life and Times of Dexters signed by author

Post by Mark Bowles »

A message from Ted Neal

As well as donating I wanted to see if we could raise a bit of money to add to the coffers.
I have a pristine copy of “The Life and Times of Dexters” and thought I could put it out to tender and the highest price all of the money goes to the fund.

“The Life and Times of Dexters” book signed by the author and open to the highest bidder. The whole of the price achieved going to the Australian Dexter Cattle Appeal.
Please bid on the discussion board. Closing date January 25th.

Please bid on the site if you can.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Re: Life and Times of Dexters signed by author

Post by Mark Bowles »

If anyone wishes to bid and is not a member of the discussion board then please send me an email (info@dextercattleforsale.co.uk ) and I will put the bid up for you.
Mark
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

Hi Mark,

Could you please provide more info on the Australian Dexter Cattle Appeal. Australia as we are all aware is being ravaged by bush fires and and the devastation and loss of wildlife caused by this disaster is heartbreaking to see. If the appeal is to help farmers affected I will be more than willing to bid on the book.

Mark S

Brereton Herd
car

Post by car »

My heart goes out to all the members and people in Australia who are caught up in the terrible fires. Utterly devastating for the people, the animals wild and domesticated, and the loss of all the property. Let's all hope for rain!!

I will start the bidding at £50

Carolann Raybould
President Dexter cattle Society.
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

Now the bidding has started I will up the bid to £100.

Mark S

Brereton Dexters
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Mark, the appeal is specific to Austrailian dexter owners affected, the money goes to their society for distribution to those in trouble.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

I set up a justgiving page last Friday evening following suggestion from Di Smith, originally targeted £1000 but we are on way to £2000 now. At the end of the appeal I will send the money to DCAI, the Aussie equivalent of DCS, who will have hands on knowledge of needs etc. It can go for damage from drought or the subsequent fires. See posts on the Dexter Cattle Society facebook group page or my own page. Thanks for bidding.
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
moomin

Post by moomin »

If you are not on Duncan's DCS site you can access Dexter Cattle Breeders on Facebook Just Giving. It is an open site. if you don't do Facebook then contact Duncan. We are on the way to £2000.00. Let's make it. Thanks for setting Just Giving up Duncan.
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Hello Everyone, mostly Mark, can anyone tell me if the auction has been concluded and if my just giving page can expect a further donation? I have already delayed because of this and a promised donation from the East Anglia group which is not happening .

I am anxious to get what we have raised sent off because although it will be a drop in the ocean it is badly needed.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Hi Duncan, I will send you a message
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

Hi Duncan,

Pleased to say I have purchased the book and will send the £100 ASAP. As I already own a signed copy of the book I would like to put the new book (unsigned as yet) back on the site for auction again to raise additional money for the Australian Dexter Society. I suggest the auction closes next Monday 3 February. The Life of Times of Dexters is an excellent book please put your bids in for this worthwhile cause. These farmers really do need help.

Mark S

Brereton Herd
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Polly Putney has bid £50 on the facebook site.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

Hi all,

I would imagine another bid would take the total to the revised target of £2,000, let’s hope we hit this figure ?

Mark S

Brereton Herd
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Very many thanks to all who looked.
Very sincere thanks to Mark Shimwell for his most generous bid and also putting the book back into auction.
If anyone is interested in the book please let me know.
As Duncan has closed the book on the Australian Support fund any bid for the book will be donated to The Rare Breed Survival Trust

Thanks Ted Neal
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

Hi Mark,

I was under the impression Polly Putney had made a bid of £50 for the book ? On the Dexter facebook page.

Mark S