York Auction Centre sales cancelled

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Louisa Gidney

York Auction Centre sales cancelled

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Just had the email notification that all planned sales at YAC are now cancelled, which includes the Spring Rare Breeds Sale. This site is going to become even more invaluable for advertising stock.
Anyone else having flashbacks to 2001?
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
SteveM

Re: York Auction Centre sales cancelled

Post by SteveM »

Our proposed entry now turned out to grass, those with young calves to go out over next couple of weeks once dehorned.

Few listings to follow once pics taken, 2 year old long legged black bull, grandson of Knightsway Paddy, yearling heifers, bulling heifers and couple of 2nd to 4th calvers available.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

After tonights announcement by the PM I assume cattle sales are not a reason to travel.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Well, that's my one social outing cancelled - I might need some more stock once this is over...
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

The latest info from York market (yesterday) was that they are allowed to have fatstock and store stock sales, but no breeding animals.
Vendors can deliver but remain in vehicle, market staff will unload then vendors return home. only registered buyers allowed in market and to follow distancing rules in pens and around sale ring. Market café closed, refreshements available, guessing a burger van in carpark
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire