Heavy Breathers?

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Saffy

Heavy Breathers?

Post by Saffy »

I'm not sure if there is a proper term... Does anyone else get them in their Dexter calves?

Over the years I have had several. I have come to realise that my Dexter calves can sound as if they have a really bad case of pneumonia when there is absolutely nothing wrong with them they are just making a weird noise whilst working extra hard to, either smell the new person I have brought with me or the treat in the bucket. As soon as the treat goes onto the floor/into the trough/into the mouth or the stranger goes they are magically cured. This was awfully awkward the day a young and very determined vet was with me and one calf got an injection for it!!!

I confess a weaned bull fell foul to this recently as I forgot and injected him, it was only when he did it again today and I put some food in the trough that I realised my mistake....

Anyone else have Dexters that do this? They only seem to do when they are young, sort of weaned calf age.
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Re: Heavy Breathers?

Post by Mark Bowles »

Must admit I have has a couple, nothing wrong with them.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster