Phillipa Laing RIP

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Phillipa Laing RIP

Post by Mark Bowles »

Very sadly Phillipa Laing passed away peacefully on Sunday 21st June. A real dedicated passionate dexter breeder for what seems like a million years, her herd prefix of Templeton will be in most dexter pedigrees somewhere. She will be missed on the show circuit especially down in her Devon home county and me personally I will miss her kindness and cheecky smile.
Funeral arrangements are still forthcoming and I am aware the Devon Group will be paying a fitting tribute.
More information to follow.
Mark
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Louisa Gidney

Re: Phillipa Laing RIP

Post by Louisa Gidney »

That is sad news. She was indeed a very kind lady and most supportive when I started showing.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

My first cow had Templeton blood in her and my memory is of the kindest judge with a genuine interest in all the cattle and exhibitors.
Jac

Post by Jac »

Such dreadful news. Will always be indebted to her. In bits...
moomin

Post by moomin »

Goodbye my friend, will miss you.
JamsHundred

Post by JamsHundred »

I am saddened to hear of the passing of Mrs. Laing, who was always very kind and patient with my historical inquiries. Such a long and productive Dexter life she enjoyed. Many decades of raising Dexters, and sharing her knowledge and experience were a blessing to the breed. Yes. .. may she rest in peace.
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Very disappointed that there is no official obituary of Phillippa Laing in the 2020 Herd Year Book that arrived today.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
moomin

Post by moomin »

Agreed Louisa,. Templeton herd was world famous. Her herd was the oldest in the country. Ypsiity is the oldest prefix but it was inherited by Sue Rheam from her father. May i point out we do not have a Herd Book any longer - can you find anybody's herd in it? Just a record of calves born. Year book only. Our constitution says the DCS must publish a herd book. Haven't had one for 3 years now.
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

It was very good to find a proper tribute to Philippa in the Year Book that arrived this week. Better late than never. Hopefully Stuart Creasey will be commemorated in the next issue. This is where the Bulletin is sorely missed for disseminating such news. The Year Book functions as neither the Bulletin nor the Herd Book.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Ted Neal ask me to post this message.

I am so sorry to hear of Phillipa’s passing/
She was a most remarkable woman with a great sense of humour and more knowledge on Dexters than most others put together.
It was great in 1992 to have her as Centenary President and be able to record her name for posterity in “The Life and Times of Dexters.
God bless and Rest in Peace.”
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster