Prime Cattle Wanted, or Not

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Rob R

Prime Cattle Wanted, or Not

Post by Rob R »

I've just received the following email;

"Following a successful trial with a UK retailer we are looking to procure on behalf of a customer, Prime Dexter cattle for slaughter in the end of March;

Bullocks and heifers of all weights
Farm assured
Paid on weight only with no grading deductions - excellent price paid!

We will be looking for cattle March, June & October of this year."

I asked for more details, including price, and got a shirty reply saying that they can't give any details if I can't supply, which doesn't sound very constructive. I was offering to pass their details on to people who offer me stock.
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Re: Prime Cattle Wanted, or Not

Post by Mark Bowles »

Rob, i think they have to be Farm Assured cattle which is restrictive in the dexter world.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Rob R

Re: Prime Cattle Wanted, or Not

Post by Rob R »

I know, but I didn't even know if the stock I'd been offered were Farm Assured so I was hoping to pass on details. It's hard to work out if it's worth someone getting farm assured just to sell on a one-off.

I haven't bothered with farm assurance since FABBL when they effectively rubber-stamped my facilities at a time that I didn't consider that I met the rules. I was hoping to at least compare the returns from sending some stock to them. It makes planning very difficult if they expect you to jump through the hoops before telling you the price or whether they want pedigree stock.